Thread: The Oaks

Thanks

The Oaks

I was very impressed by Enable yesterday and her attitude when challenged . It was a difficult race run in a thunderstorm where the pacemaker went off like a scalded cat and Sobetsu showed again how much she needs soft ground .

If Rhododendren was a doubtful stayer before the race and being by Galileo out of 10f winning G1 mare (albeit better at a mile ) it was very surprising that Pocketful of dreams went so quick and that Moore was happy to attack three out . The way she appeared to run out of petrol must have been a big surprise to them

Indeed, thrilling battle as it was I found his ride baffling on a Guineas runner up - I suspect he made an early move to try and box Dettori in but it seems that nowadays they get racing far earlier in the straight in the Epsom classics than they used to . I imagine Lester for example would have sat on Enable's tail for as long as possible and attacked much later .

Thanks
    It was nice to see Enable do what Chester told us she might.
    Clearly connections thought the trip would be fine for the 2nd given how it was run. Take the winner away and she is an easy winner.
    Being in the Enable camp the pace was key and that was a slight concern. I was very surprised at the pace set and that clearly helped the winner.

Nout wrong with the ride. Given the pace of the race the 2nd would have been staring at the arse of Enable however you attacked the winner.
    All comers, all grounds, all beaten!

This perfect mix of poetry and destruction.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries
    That is pretty much it Frankel.
    Two top fillies with Sutter County and Winter in the wings there could be some showdowns before the year is out over 10 furlongs.
    Add in Minding and a few older ones for spice in the autumn.

Thanks
    Would love to see Winter have a crack at the boys when Churchill steps up.
    Yes hopefully Minding comes back strutting her stuff.
    Last edited by Frankel; 3rd June 2017 at 5:31 PM.
    All comers, all grounds, all beaten!

This perfect mix of poetry and destruction.