Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Manchester Bombing

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimChance View Post
    Quite like Donald Trump's stance here. Call them what they are.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/23/po...ester-remarks/
    Not Trump's biggest fan but he calls a spade a ******* spade and he's spot on about this.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BennyB For This Useful Post:

tiggers1972 (23rd May 2017)

SlimChance
    The bomber has been identified as Salman Abedi. I'd say he's a good Christian.

Thanks
    These cunts are obviously being radicalised so it begs the question have the Intelligence services got undercover officers posing as likely converts. If so I wonder how many of these attacks are being thwarted and can more be done?

Thanks
    deleted
    Last edited by Grey; 23rd May 2017 at 6:44 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by frontrunner View Post
    This account from Ann Travers sheds a lot of light on Corburn in my opinion

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...ed-sister.html

Hatchet job on Corbyn with a serious lack of recent quotes from Corbyn-never mind a right to reply.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,119 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyB View Post
    Not Trump's biggest fan but he calls a spade a ******* spade and he's spot on about this.
    Unfortunate, then, that he's tried to label Shia Iran as the root of all terrorism, when it's clear to anyone with a brain, that it is Sunni groups who are causing all the problems. It's a position which betrays a total ignorance of the subject-matter.

He might call a spade a spade, but that's not much cop if he can't tell the difference between one, and a combine fu*cking harvester.
    Last edited by Grasshopper; 24th May 2017 at 7:35 AM.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Born in Manchester in 1994, the second youngest of four children his parents were Libyan refugees who came to the UK to escape the Gaddafi regime.

His parents were both born in Libya but appear to have emigrated to London before moving to the Fallowfield area of south Manchester where they have lived for at least ten years.

They had three sons in total and a daughter, who is now 18-years-old.

Abedi grew up in the Whalley Range area, just yards from the local girl's high school, which hit the headlines in 2015 when twins and grade A pupils, Zahra and Salma Halane, who were both aspiring medical students, left their homes and moved to Isil controlled Syria.

There were unconfirmed reports in Manchester that the whole family apart from the two elder sons recently returned to Libya.

Others have been arrested and one of those arrested was Abedi’s brother, one of the security officials said the two brothers were known to U.K. security services as having been radicalized but neither had a criminal record.

It is time to move in early on those known to have been radicalised
    Pluralism of Ideas and the prosperity of any land are intertwined. Freedom of minds and skill of intellect to 'think the unthinkable' is how humanity has progressed; when minds are incarcerated nothing endures.

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by swedish chef View Post
    Born in Manchester in 1994, the second youngest of four children his parents were Libyan refugees who came to the UK to escape the Gaddafi regime.

His parents were both born in Libya but appear to have emigrated to London before moving to the Fallowfield area of south Manchester where they have lived for at least ten years.

They had three sons in total and a daughter, who is now 18-years-old.

Abedi grew up in the Whalley Range area, just yards from the local girl's high school, which hit the headlines in 2015 when twins and grade A pupils, Zahra and Salma Halane, who were both aspiring medical students, left their homes and moved to Isil controlled Syria.

There were unconfirmed reports in Manchester that the whole family apart from the two elder sons recently returned to Libya.

Others have been arrested and one of those arrested was Abedi’s brother, one of the security officials said the two brothers were known to U.K. security services as having been radicalized but neither had a criminal record.

It is time to move in early on those known to have been radicalised
    So immigration is nothing to do with it then...

Thanks
    So immigration is nothing to do with it then...
    Immigration is a huge issue along with the soft underbelly of the authorities in this county but right now I'm being careful what write as I'm full of anger and hatred. It really is time for the authorities to take charge and stop worrying about their human rights. We have to stop these inhumane acts by whatever means necessary.
    Pluralism of Ideas and the prosperity of any land are intertwined. Freedom of minds and skill of intellect to 'think the unthinkable' is how humanity has progressed; when minds are incarcerated nothing endures.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fonz View Post
    We have to stay calm, These arseholes want a war.
    If they want a 'war' come out and fight an army, not blow up civilians. They are cowards of the worst kind, and if they really believed in their 'cause' they would fight like the men they claim to be, but clearly are not.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    These cunts are obviously being radicalised so it begs the question have the Intelligence services got undercover officers posing as likely converts. If so I wonder how many of these attacks are being thwarted and can more be done?
    Probably, but whatever capability they have now, they need more resources, but no way in the world could they watch everyone who had radical thoughts. It's impossible to watch every single person who might be capable of committing such a vile act.
    Last edited by G-G; 23rd May 2017 at 8:38 PM.

Thanks
    Just like every Gearoid is a Christian terrorist. You're better than that, G.
    Trump has just sold £110Bn of arms to Saudi and will throw up his arms in horror when they explode in New York.
    Manchester is my city and some of the stuff on here is totally out of order. Try to think of the Muslim taxi drivers who ferried people about for free. Try to think of the Muslim nurses and doctors who keep our National Health service going and turned out in droves last night.
    If there was any evidence of a concerted attack, there would be an instant ratcheting up of the security level. This hasn't happened so one has to assume that it's a one off. I'd sympathise with anyone chickening out of a U2 concert but it would take more than this to keep me from Jackson Browne in Liverpool next month.
    Last edited by archie; 23rd May 2017 at 8:44 PM.
    The older I get the better I was.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to archie For This Useful Post:

Grasshopper (23rd May 2017)

Thanks
    Immigration is a huge issue along with the soft underbelly of the authorities in this county but right now I'm being careful what write as I'm full of anger and hatred. It really is time for the authorities to take charge and stop worrying about their human rights. We have to stop these inhumane acts by whatever means necessary.
    Very understandable, chef, but it's best to let emotions subside before taking decisions. This is exactly how the Birmingham Six and several other fiascos came about.

Luke, that Mail article is indeed a hatchet job. As you rightly say, Corbyn is offered no right of reply and the Mail are exploiting a family's distress for their own purposes. On the other hand the points made by Ann Travers are authentic and deserve serious consideration.

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    Trump has just sold £110Bn of arms to Saudi and will throw up his arms in horror when they explode in New York.
    Manchester is my city and some of the stuff on here is totally out of order. Try to think of the Muslim taxi drivers who ferried people about for free. Try to think of the Muslim nurses and doctors who keep our National Health service going and turned out in droves last night.
    If there was any evidence of a concerted attack, there would be an instant ratcheting up of the security level. This hasn't happened so one has to assume that it's a one off. I'd sympathise with anyone chickening out of a U2 concert but it would take more than this to keep me from Jackson Browne in Liverpool next month.
    I think you're more than construing what's been said on here. I'm merely saying that these attacks will lead to more votes for extreme view politicians. There are a lot of diverse opinions on this thread.
    Last edited by SlimChance; 23rd May 2017 at 9:11 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    I agree 100/& Archie. My anger is not directed at Muslims just the very few that become radicalised. If they are known to have been radicalised by these security services, then those authorities have to act sooner. I cant bear the thought this act of terrorism could have been prevented.

Thanks
    I agree 100/& Archie. My anger is not directed at Muslims just the very few that become radicalised. If they are known to have been radicalised by these security services, then those authorities have to act sooner. I cant bear the thought this act of terrorism could have been prevented.
    Maybe, but how certain can they be? Remember that the intelligence agencies have to be right every single time to be successful, a terrorist only needs to be right once.

SlimChance
    BBC Anchor: We Have ‘To Get Used To’ Terror Attacks [VIDEO]

http://amp.dailycaller.com/2017/05/2...-terror-video/
    Last edited by SlimChance; 23rd May 2017 at 9:46 PM.

Thanks
    Threat level raised from "severe" to "critical", meaning a new attack is imminent.

This surely suggests that there are more people in this cell and more vests to be used?
    Last edited by harry; 23rd May 2017 at 9:48 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    Unfortunate, then, that he's tried to label Shia Iran as the root of all terrorism, when it's clear to anyone with a brain, that it is Sunni groups who are causing all the problems. It's a position which betrays a total ignorance on the subject-matter.

He might call a spade a spade, but that's not much cop if he can't tell the difference between one, and a combine fu*cking harvester.
    Best post on this thread. Trump is a moron plain and simple.

Does he not know that the Saudi's are the global exporter of hatred fueled Wahabbism
    The Taliban in Pakistan were radicalized by Saudi financed Madrassas.
    Thruout Central Asia these "schools" pop up like trolls on the now defunct "will win thread".
    All this is common knowledge but hey I suppose when they are giving lavishly to the tune of 100 million to your daughter's proposed!! women entrepreneur fund what's a few more madrassas in such far flung places as Uzbekistan.
    ROLL ON THE RESISTANCE !!!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to brendanr For This Useful Post:

Grasshopper (26th May 2017)

Thanks
    I think you're more than construing what's been said on here. I'm merely saying that these attacks will lead to more votes for extreme view politicians. There are a lot of diverse opinions on this thread.
    You make some good points, G, but they are totally undermined by the throwaway line that I responded to. I spent a good part of my working life avoiding IRA bombs but I never tarred all Irish or even all Republicans with the same casually racist brush. Credit to John Major for getting the peace process going but it was a Labour administration (and a Democrat President) who brought home the bacon.
    The older I get the better I was.