Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 52 of 52

Thread: Dante meeting at York

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    639
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 21 Times in 18 Posts
    Definitely for the 3yos'.
    Luck leaves when unlucky people speak

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

    To remove these adverts please either login or join if you are not a member.


     

  3. #42
    Senior Member Euronymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Leyland
    Posts
    15,287
    Thanks
    90
    Thanked 162 Times in 121 Posts
    The sprint form isn't to be trusted. And the Middleton today was handicap quality.

  4. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,052
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 105 Times in 88 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    Quality wise this is the worst Dante meeting I've ever seen.
    The ground has been a major factor, imo. After weeks of consistent weather and fairly predictable ground, the formbook has been turned on its head by the past week's rain and the number of quality horses either withdrawn or running below expectations. More of the same threatens tomorrow.
    Roll on aummer.

  5. #44
    Senior Member Euronymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Leyland
    Posts
    15,287
    Thanks
    90
    Thanked 162 Times in 121 Posts
    For sure, it's a terrible track when the ground is soft. If only they had a roof.

  6. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,052
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 105 Times in 88 Posts
    More rain overnight and it promises to be a bog come racetime. Intended to sit it out again today, but can't resist Endless Times in the Cup as - with fairly evenly matched market leaders - she's the only one absolutely proven on the ground.

  7. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    1,075
    Thanks
    132
    Thanked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    Terrible card today. Brimham Rocks and Boundsy today. Also on clever cookie and the French one in the first. Cat remember the name

  8. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,123
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 187 Times in 139 Posts
    3.30 - Marmelo. 1.5 pts win. Available at 17/2.
    4.05 - Southdown Lad. 1.5 pts win. Available at 13/2.
    5.05 - Savannah's Dream. 1.5 pts win. Available at 15/2.

    0.5 pt e/w treble.
    Last edited by Ricko; 19th May 2017 at 1:38 PM.

  9. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,724
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 112 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    The flat action gets more interesting at York this week.

    One of the best bets at the likely odds on Wednesday is Tim Easterby's Golden Apollo in the 4:35.

    This chap is nicely bred by Cheveley Park stud, and was never very far away at the finish as a two year old.

    He was third in a red-hot maiden at Ayr, behind a very promising Andrew Balding horse called Naval Warfare, who looks sure to improve on its rating of 84 when we next see him out.

    The first three from that Ayr race all came out and won, including Golden Apollo, who finished his two year old career nicely with a well-deserved success at Doncaster on just his second start in a handicap.

    It's his first start as a three year old, but if you assume he's ready to roll, I reckon he's very well handicapped.

    I'm looking forward to seeing what price they go on him.
    Won last time by 5 lengths, out again at York tomorrow. What chance?

  10. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,724
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 112 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    Won last time by 5 lengths, out again at York tomorrow. What chance?

  11. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,724
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 112 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    He was third in a red-hot maiden at Ayr, behind a very promising Andrew Balding horse called Naval Warfare, who looks sure to improve on its rating of 84 when we next see him out.
    May run in The Britannia as it happens.

  12. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,724
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 112 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    May run in The Britannia as it happens.
    Naval Warfare declared.

    Fonz has already put me onto Afaak, Slim Chance on Son Of The Stars, but I have to stick to my own words, so main fancy is Naval Warfare.

    Wee forecast/tricast maybe
    Last edited by Marble; 20th June 2017 at 3:05 PM.

  13. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,724
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 112 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    The flat action gets more interesting at York this week.

    One of the best bets at the likely odds on Wednesday is Tim Easterby's Golden Apollo in the 4:35.

    This chap is nicely bred by Cheveley Park stud, and was never very far away at the finish as a two year old.

    He was third in a red-hot maiden at Ayr, behind a very promising Andrew Balding horse called Naval Warfare, who looks sure to improve on its rating of 84 when we next see him out.

    The first three from that Ayr race all came out and won, including Golden Apollo, who finished his two year old career nicely with a well-deserved success at Doncaster on just his second start in a handicap.

    It's his first start as a three year old, but if you assume he's ready to roll, I reckon he's very well handicapped.

    I'm looking forward to seeing what price they go on him.
    I'm quoting this every time Golden Apollo is due to run this season.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •