Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Novice Hurdlers 2017/2018

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    Samcro is the intended runner on Sunday
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

2. The Following User Says Thank You to granger For This Useful Post:

Grasshopper (21st November 2017)

Thanks
    And here he is today

Attached Images Attached Images
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to granger For This Useful Post:

Carl (21st November 2017), Colin Phillips (22nd November 2017), NewApproach (22nd November 2017), Perpetual (23rd November 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by granger View Post
    Samcro is the intended runner on Sunday
    Looks like a 2 miler to me? I have sneaking feeling Good Thyme Tara will beat him over that distance and going. Hope I'm wrong as he looks a star.
    Pluralism of Ideas and the prosperity of any land are intertwined. Freedom of minds and skill of intellect to 'think the unthinkable' is how humanity has progressed; when minds are incarcerated nothing endures.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by swedish chef View Post
    Looks like a 2 miler to me? I have sneaking feeling Good Thyme Tara will beat him over that distance and going. Hope I'm wrong as he looks a star.
    You can tell all that from a photo, Chef?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    You can tell all that from a photo, Chef?
    No Grey I was watching his videos many times over and he looks like he has gears. His sire is also the sire of Faugheen and Captain Cee Bee and many others whose best form has been at two miles. (At this stage I know many are thinking Faugheen can get 3 miles but he's different gravey). So I have done the study and backed Samcro accordingly for the Supreme. Good Thyme Tara is bred for stamina and got close to Samcro last year and will have a mares allowance. Samcro may well of improved well beyond G.T.T. But all his racing has been over 2 miles, the only time he won beyond was in PTP over 3m by 1L, and nothing he beat has come out to show that form was exceptional. I hope I'm wrong and he proves to be a star, I think he will but over 2m.
    Pluralism of Ideas and the prosperity of any land are intertwined. Freedom of minds and skill of intellect to 'think the unthinkable' is how humanity has progressed; when minds are incarcerated nothing endures.

Thanks
    Pretty sure he will have the speed for 2 but will stay longer

Winning bumpers like he did, he'll get further

Thanks
    some of the greatest 2 milers have gone for the 2nd day novices race(Baring Bingham), Istabraq and Faugheen most recently. Supreme price is tempting but if he runs well on Sunday we'll still hold no answer to which race they'll eventually go, if he loses then I guess they'll take him for the Supreme but the confidence will be lower than it is now.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Gigginstown are awash with some very-promising middle-distance and staying novices, and have plenty of ammo for the Ballymore and Albert Bartlett, without looking to Samcro.......who seems the only one of their horses likely to have a credible chance in a Supreme Novices. Whatever happens this weekend, I reckon that's still the logical Festival target for the horse, given the coverage they appear to have in the other novice events.
    Last edited by Grasshopper; 22nd November 2017 at 9:44 AM.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Have Gigi ever won the supreme or the ballymore??

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by littlelad View Post
    Have Gigi ever won the supreme or the ballymore??

Apart from First Lieutenant??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    No other winners of either novice event in the last 10 years (how long have they been going?), littlelad.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    They don't even bother with the bumper and the hurdlers get a little more prestige but not an awful lot more. Bring them along slowly

They have diluted the pool with a few flat bred types but none of them have been much usch use to date

Thanks
    I suppose what I am getting at is that samcro is being talked up to such an extent that even if he doesn't beat/achieve a great deal on the track but gets to Cheltenham unbeaten........ he could go off a silly price, particularly given the stat above and the reasons behind it.

Thanks
    Weapons Amnesty god bless him would of been some horse in open company

Thanks
    Forgotten horse Getabird entered in two maiden hurdles next week. One of them interestingly over 2m6f. 25/1 for the spud race anybody?
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonl View Post
    Forgotten horse Getabird entered in two maiden hurdles next week. One of them interestingly over 2m6f. 25/1 for the spud race anybody?

Long road ahead for him, i remember thinking he had decent acceleration in his bumper days, would hope he still maintains some zip

Thanks
    He's only been off the track for 10 months and WPM said in his stable tour that all he'd done was lost his action on the gallops one morning so they decided to give him the rest of the season off. He goes on to say he jumps a hurdle well and is one to look forward to.

It's not like he's coming back from a serious injury and for an unbeaten WPM horse who was fav for the bumper at the start of the year, proven over 3m from his PTP days and related to Long Run, I'd expect him to be shorter in the betting.

The way I see it is he doesn't have as much to prove as some of the WPM novice hurdlers at much shorter prices, e.g. Annamix.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    The 14.05 at Ascot tomorrow looks interesting with a few potentially smart sorts.

Mr One More did well to win at Stratford, but will find it tough with a penalty against two winners of the Aintree mares bumper. Lalor did nothing wrong at Exeter, but the winners let the form down since so will likely side with Kayf Grace. She's been off since December so has obviously had issues, but the Aintree form looks rock solid

Thanks
    Kildisart is a horse I have a lot of time for and when B365 gave 5/1 on him last night on him my eyes lit up. His p2p form at Loughanmore has worked out very well when he split Claimantakingforgan and Lough Derg Spirit.

He was bought by Simon Munir over the summer and was just touched off at Carlisle on hurdling debut last month. He stripped a lot fitter and jumped and travelled like a good horse to win comfortably for a finish. A horse with Neptune written all over him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by granger View Post
    And here he is today

whoosh. Star quality. Please stay sound