Thread: Meanwhile, on the flat the Classic Season Is Upon Us

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Meanwhile, on the flat the Classic Season Is Upon Us

Big weekend for Ballydoyle as they attempt to win their first Kentucky Derby.
    Drawn 14 Mendelssohn has Ryan Moore and Lasix to assist him .
    AP has a plane load hitting Kentucky with Threeandfourpence in the Grade 2 American Turf Stakes, Seahenge in Pat Day Mile and Deauville in Old Forester Turf Classic.
    I wonder will John Magnier be there; if you see him on TV hit the red button to play!

As interesting to me is the fact that Calvin H Borel is back in the saddle and riding Heavenhasmynikki in Kentucky Oaks tomorrow night.
    40/1 she has an ew squeak with possibly the best track rider on her back, memorably compared to Cletus in the Simpsons by James Willoughby for his gummy smile. Check out his Derby wins on Street Sense 2007, Mine That Bird 2009 and Super Saver 2010 for a taste of his talent.

Must say Massar impressed me hugely in Craven Stakes with his attitude, ability to act downhill and run to the line.
    Gustav's win there last summer was also jaw dropping while William Haggas' runner has to be considered ew once the ground dries.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to edgt For This Useful Post:

Colin Phillips (4th May 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by edgt View Post
    Big weekend for Ballydoyle as they attempt to win their first Kentucky Derby.
    Drawn 14 Mendelssohn has Ryan Moore and Lasix to assist him .
    AP has a plane load hitting Kentucky with Threeandfourpence in the Grade 2 American Turf Stakes, Seahenge in Pat Day Mile and Deauville in Old Forester Turf Classic.
    I wonder will John Magnier be there; if you see him on TV hit the red button to play!
    Don't think Mendelssohn will win it this year for AP, did not beat much at Meydan imo & long winning distances at Meydan are not uncommon.

I'm in the Audible camp, four of the last six Kentucky Derby winners won the Florida Derby before and that's enough for me on trends & Peltcher chose to run Audible in that rather than his other derby candidates, although will have a saver on Justify & a RF on the two.

I might even go as far as backing Mendel. to be out of the frame.

Deauville is in a weak G1 and should be winning it.

I have heard AP is on his way to Kentucky today maybe a tip in its self & confident that Gustav as I am will take the 2000 the 5/2 on offer the past few days is money in the bank, I believe he would of won the National & Dewhurst Stakes if not for the Inj back end of last year.
    Last edited by Anadin; 4th May 2018 at 10:24 AM.

Thanks
    I've taken 40/1 about Headway (Ladbrokes boost) in the 2,000 and will back Elarqam too as he's the only one that really excites me in this field.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."