Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Racing Post new site.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Even the Monday Jury strikes me as a waste of space.

It's also a bit disconcerting seeing what's happening in bookies' shops these days.

I'm an infrequent visitor but now that I use pubic transport as often as I can I find myself killing time between bus/train connections by going into nearby ones to catch a swatch at the RP.

Bookies are clearly only interested in feeding off gambling addicts. I know of a place where a Ladbokes and Hills are opposite each other. I had 10 minutes to kill waiting for a bus so went into Ladbrokes. No RP anywhere in view, just the wall cards but the form pages weren't pinned up, just the cards. Puggies everywhere.

Across the road, fair play to Hills. They had the wall cards and form plus the RP on its little lectern for all to see. When I sat down I was even offered a tea/coffee, which I politely declined as I didn't want to pish myself on the bus on the way into Glasgow.

But puggies everywhere again and kid-on cartoon racing on the TV screens. Not only that but a commentary to go with it as if it were a real race.

And punters urging on whatever they'd backed!

And one sad case crumpling up his betting slip and throwing it to the ground in disgust, shouting, on realising what had won, "Awfurfuxake! Ah backed yon fuckinbastert last time oot anaw!"

Sad, mad, bad.
    Last edited by Desert Orchid; 5th December 2017 at 1:11 PM.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    The Coney bit was the only scrap of interest in the entire rag. Even Townend's stuff was a page-and-a-half of nothing.

The rest of it is utter, utter, utter, utter bollocks.
    Bloody hell grassy get off the fence for a change and tell us what you thought about it
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    But puggies everywhere again and kid-on cartoon racing on the TV screens. Not only that but a commentary to go with it as if it were a real race.
    I went into a bookies for the first time in years in order to watch the Ladbrokes Trophy last weekend and was struck by the cartoon racing - IIRC when it started it was used to fill up points in the day before the racing started but now apparently a race every 5 minutes is no longer considered sufficient for the purposes of turpinry.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    I thought they had brought Kauto Star back from the dead

kauto.JPG
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    They're running a series of great resurrections. Presumably getting in some practice for when they do one on themselves in 10 years time, assuming they last that long.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonl View Post
    They're running a series of great resurrections.

It writes itself
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    The only alternative to the RP at a weekend, the Racing Plus paper has closed.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Geezer View Post
    The only alternative to the RP at a weekend, the Racing Plus paper has closed.
    Andrex is an alternative to the Post every day of the week, DG.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Grasshopper For This Useful Post:

Diamond Geezer (31st January 2018)

Thanks
    I thought you used to reach for Andrex if Hurricane Fly was on page 3 of the RPost Grassy

Thanks
    Anybody else finding that this pile of shite has now become completely unusable ?

There appears to be a 30 second or so refresh, where the page freezes, upon clicking on any hyperlink. I thought it was just on my iPad but it's the same on the laptop regardless of whatever browser I use.

They must have so many pop ups and/or adverts being blocked that the pop up blocker is working overtime and there's no chance I'm turning it off.

Thanks
    It's working ok for me.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to simmo For This Useful Post:

wilsonl (23rd April 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 874 Posts
    Lee.
    Try this;

Mark Nelson (Racing Post)

Mar 31, 12:30 BST

Dear Mr D
    Thank you for your email.

We are sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing when using the Racing Post website.

We are not aware of any general issue so could we please ask you to clear the cache and cookies from within your Internet browser settings, as this may provide a resolution. The following link will assist you with this if you're not already familiar with the procedure; https://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cookies

Once completed please return to the Racing Post website by typing www.racingpost.com into the address bar, rather than using a search engine or favourites link. Hopefully this will resolve the problem for you.

We hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,
    Mark Nelson
    Racing Post Customer Services

It worked for me, though it did wipe out some stored user names & passwords along with the process

15. The Following User Says Thank You to reet hard For This Useful Post:

wilsonl (24th April 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonl View Post
    Anybody else finding that this pile of shite has now become completely unusable ?

There appears to be a 30 second or so refresh, where the page freezes, upon clicking on any hyperlink. I thought it was just on my iPad but it's the same on the laptop regardless of whatever browser I use.

They must have so many pop ups and/or adverts being blocked that the pop up blocker is working overtime and there's no chance I'm turning it off.
    I'm certainly finding it less user friendly every week including some very irritating changes to the form pages. The crappy shite version of oddschecker that its now become and I find it completely unusable direct to the website from a samsung phone.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,180 Posts
    Ironically enough its the first time in ages i've actually got it to work at speed and i mean 12 months..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reet hard View Post
    Lee.
    Try this;

Mark Nelson (Racing Post)

Mar 31, 12:30 BST

Dear Mr D
    Thank you for your email.

We are sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing when using the Racing Post website.

We are not aware of any general issue so could we please ask you to clear the cache and cookies from within your Internet browser settings, as this may provide a resolution. The following link will assist you with this if you're not already familiar with the procedure; https://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cookies

Once completed please return to the Racing Post website by typing www.racingpost.com into the address bar, rather than using a search engine or favourites link. Hopefully this will resolve the problem for you.

We hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,
    Mark Nelson
    Racing Post Customer Services

It worked for me, though it did wipe out some stored user names & passwords along with the process
    Thanks Reet. That actually did the trick although annoyingly on the mobile version of Safari you can't elect what pages to wipe browsing history and cookies for so it had to be a clear all approach, which I didn't really want to do but hey-ho at least the RP site is now more responsive.

It does beg the question of just how much cr@p is the site writing to my browsing history if it can become so unusable when other web sites were completely unaffected prior to my clean up.

Anyhow, thanks again. I'm at least okay for now.