Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,180 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone View Post
    An interesting article:

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite...5#.WUQrlLlRo1U

This article on Tim Farron is worthwhile reading too:

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite...4#.WUQu1rlRo1U

Spiked is a good Internet Mag, I find
    Pointing out labour are doomed in that spiked article,think it's what we've been saying the potential is there for just standing for an ideology something the right love to bang on about,that's why not seeing some of the suggestions for the shadow cabinet was very disappointing.I see dan Jarvis for pm is 50/1,i would suggest that looks value still when looking at likely candidates,the torys have no one they look absolutely awful,i have emailed him a few times and he has replied but obviously gives nothing away as regards cabinet posts etc.I get the impression he may have been expecting a post,crazy he's just the person for all this tragedy that's going on a man of the people the others are just fakery..

Banned
    Thanks
    thank you comrade, you keep safe in your sleepy little town where your ethnic population is probably 1% ,refugees are welcome but not where i live please, right on brother

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gigilo View Post
    I see dan Jarvis for pm is 50/1,i would suggest that looks value still when looking at likely candidates,the torys have no one they look absolutely awful.
    Is this a PM at some time in his life market. The only market I've seen is next PM, and right now that would have to be the Tory that replaces the hapless Theresa May. There is simply no way that the Tories are going to let that android run another campaign. She's looking decidedly accident prone all of a sudden and the 'strong and stable' veneer has been shattered. This latest fiasco that she's mishandled is just the latest example. It has echoes actually of George Bush and Hurricane Katrina. His personal reputation never recovered and it allowed other things to build on him more easily
    Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock. So long Holly. _ Harry Limes

Thanks
    I only monitor Betfair, and Jarvis is 24.0 to be PM after May and 16.0 to be next Labour leader

The market for next Conservative leader is just too horrific to contemplate, with one exception: if Ruth Davidson resigned her seat in the Scottish parliament presumably she'd be allowed to contest a by-election for the UK parliament

Or would she be allowed to contest one and still keep her Scottish seat?

Or would she be allowed to become UK PM if remaining just in her current position of leader of the Scottish Conservatives?

Either a straightforward NO mandated by statute or a legal minefield as no one could have envisaged the scenario and it wasn't considered
    Last edited by Drone; 17th June 2017 at 7:39 PM.

Thanks
    I think you need to remember how the Conservatives elect their leaders

Are the parliamentary party going to support a candidate with no ministerial experience whose never held a government post nor managed a Whitehall department? In fairness, they elected Cameron, so its possible. Are they going to support a staunch 'remainer' who is quite a bit younger than them? Even if she gets over these hurdles, will the party's membership support a gobby Scottish lesbian? When was the last time the country voted for a Prime Minister with a regional accent? Harold Wilson? (you might argue John Smith would have won in '97) but it's usually considered a vote loser
    Last edited by Warbler; 18th June 2017 at 1:16 AM.
    Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock. So long Holly. _ Harry Limes

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbler View Post
    Is this a PM at some time in his life market. The only market I've seen is next PM, and right now that would have to be the Tory that replaces the hapless Theresa May. There is simply no way that the Tories are going to let that android run another campaign. She's looking decidedly accident prone all of a sudden and the 'strong and stable' veneer has been shattered. This latest fiasco that she's mishandled is just the latest example. It has echoes actually of George Bush and Hurricane Katrina. His personal reputation never recovered and it allowed other things to build on him more easily

Spot on regarding Bush.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    May still a 1.1 chance for Next PM, and I'm probably only digging my hole a little deeper, but I've had a poke at Damien Green at 400+. He is inoffensive, reasonably centrist, and whilst he is a soft Remainer who could spook some of the right-wingers, he should be able to work reasonably-seamlessly with Hammond and the rest of the Cabinet, as part of an interim arrangement.

I just need Queens Speech to fall at the last.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Looking more like david davies(please god)!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Hardly matters, gigolo - Green now available at 1000.

Judge!

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Talking of Philip Hammond,jeez what a choice greyer than john major real desperation for the torys...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    May has hardened into 1.07 this morning.

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    BBC reporting that the agreement with the political wing of the Flat Earth Society will be announced today.
    The older I get the better I was.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Just released.

I'm not entirely convinced it will make a blind bit of difference, to be honest. On almost every important (aka Brexit) matter, I can see plenty of Tory MPs opposing any 'hard' plans, meaning she won't have the numbers to railroad things through anyway.

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks

17. The Following User Says Thank You to archie For This Useful Post:

trudij (26th June 2017)

Thanks
    Now you know what NI stands for in your payslip deductions.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Arf arf!

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    probably only digging my hole a little deeper, but I've had a poke at Damien Green at 400+. He is inoffensive, reasonably centrist,
    With the Sunday Times reporting that 40 Tories are ready to sign a letter calling for a leadership election, I thought it might be time to breath fresh life into this market. I was sure I'd had some money on Michael Gove and possibly Liam Fox too? I'd hoped to find some reference to it in the thread as I can't remember what price I took, but whilst accepting that political punditry was never designed to make us look clever, I couldn't resist this gem in light of recent events
    Last edited by Warbler; 12th November 2017 at 2:18 AM.

Thanks
    Am just sitting back and savouring every moment what a sh1tfest of choices they have I look at the liost and not one decent candidate amongst them,would love it if rees mogg was leader what a laughing stock it would be..

Thanks
    I reckon he could be more of a threat than is widely realised (or at least I initially considered him)

I note incidentally that the Sunday Telegraphs headline today was 'My Plan for a Green Brexit Revolution - Gove' followed with a self penned article inside. Yep, all the issues facing the world right now, clearly Michael Gove is the most pressing of them all

I also note he's managed to secure himself a favourable piece in the Sunday Express too, which basically ran the story that Gove's reservations about Boris being up to job, and 'not being a detail man' have increasingly been born out. Although his backstab hasn't been forgotten, its starting to look like the right thing now

And who do we see representing the government this morning on Andrew Marr, well I do believe its Michael Gove again

Yep, I think he senses blood in the water, and Paddy Power clearly think so too. They've either taken some money for him or read the music, clipping him 25's into 14's for the next PM market