Thread: Festival - Betfair SPs

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries

Festival - Betfair SPs

Anyone got a list of these, or a link to same?

Cheers
    Grass
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    Anyone got a list of these, or a link to same?

Cheers
    Grass
    https://www.timeform.com/horse-racin...3-14/0130/10/1

You need to be registered.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SlimChance For This Useful Post:

Grasshopper (23rd March 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    I'm registered there Grassy if you're not, is there any particular SP you want ?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    It's OK, Roger - I'm a registered TF user. Thanks for the offer.

It's a bit of research I want to do, based on something Slim said on one of the festival threads. Someone asked the definition of a "value" price, and our hero's reply was along the lines of something that "beats the BSP". I'm going to have a poke about the my ante-post book, to see where this was/wasn't the case. It might help refine where to have an ante-post play, and where not to.

My initial feeling post-Festival, is that there is probably limited benefit in betting early in the handicaps. The only market I seriously played in was the County, where Winter Escape was chinned a shd for fourth. I got nothing back for a bundle of 33/1 vouchers, but could easily have had 12/1 to 5-places on the day. I just figure a review of the handicap BSPs might demonstrate that these markets are for completely avoiding until the on-the-day concessions are available. It's worth having a look anyway.

Hope your convalescence is going well.
    Last edited by Grasshopper; 23rd March 2017 at 1:54 PM.

SlimChance, March 2018

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Grasshopper For This Useful Post:

Diamond Geezer (23rd March 2017)

SlimChance
    It's OK, Roger - I'm a registered TF user. Thanks for the offer.

It's a bit of research I want to do, based on something Slim said on one of the festival threads. Someone asked the definition of a "value" price, and our hero's reply was along the lines of something that "beats the BSP". I'm going to have a poke about the my ante-post book, to see where this was/wasn't the case. It might help refine where to have an ante-post play, and where not to.

My initial feeling post-Festival, is that there is probably limited benefit in betting early in the handicaps. The only market I seriously played in was the County, where Winter Escape was chinned a shd for fourth. I got nothing back for a bundle of 33/1 vouchers, but could easily have had 12/1 to 5-places on the day. I just figure a review of the handicap BSPs might demonstrate that these markets are for completely avoiding until the on-the-day concessions are available. It's worth having a look anyway.

Hope your convalescence is going well.
    33/1 1/4 4 places is never worse than 12/1 places on the day. Remember the Betfair SP place price is standard place terms.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    It doesn't feel like it when your yoke is fifth, pal!

I'm just musing really. There might be nothing in it.........boredom I suspect.
    Last edited by Grasshopper; 23rd March 2017 at 2:05 PM.

SlimChance, March 2018

SlimChance
    It doesn't feel like it when your yoke is fifth, pal!

I'm just musing really. There might be nothing in it.........boredom I suspect.
    Its never a waste of timing looking over Betfair SPs for a big meeting like Cheltenham. Its fascinating to know what exactly the market was thinking when all the information was in the market when the tapes went up. Its also helpful knowing what traded low in running and watch the video back to see why, the formbook might miss it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SlimChance For This Useful Post:

Grasshopper (23rd March 2017)