Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Punchestown Festival 2017

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by frontrunner View Post
    Im at Punchestown tomorrow and Saturday with Zongalero and a mad Irishman from Carlow. As a added bonus 15 lads who meet in the Plough at the Festival (milky bar kids) are enjoying a pre stag there before hitting the big smoke later that evening.. Will be delighted to meet up for a pint if anyone is around.
    If you expect to get home alive, don't mention the eyebrows Brian.
    Last edited by Maruco; 27th April 2017 at 3:04 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Handful View Post
    3:40 Pinkie Brown 25/1 Skybet 6 places. Was 5th in this race last year as a 4 year old off the exact same mark, but has a claimer taking 7lbs off tomorrow. Been Novice chasing this season, with some solid form which is all on better ground. Chase Mark is 137 and runs off 120 over hurdles tomorrow. Throw in the claim and all told he's 24lbs lower than his current chase mark! And because he's been chasing, the natural progression from a 4 to 5 year old isn't factored into his hurdles mark. Mulholland is a shrewd trainer and I'm taking a view that since Cheltenham he's been schooling him back over hurdles with this in mind. I've had a healthy each way bet.
    To say I got excited coming to 2 out there is an understatement...... Really thought Pinkie was going to win and thought he only had Runyon Rattler to beat. Never even saw the winner coming! Well done Part time punter on the winner.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Anyone watching on Betfair......video down?
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post
    Anyone watching on Betfair......video down?

Have you tried this app T, I think you can watch ATR on it, not sure if RTE covering it in Ireland ?

https://imobdro.com/

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Yes thanks I am actually watching it on Mobdro on my mobile...........get ATR and Racing UK without a hitch just runs 1 minute or so behind.

Would have thought Betfair would put something up saying there's a problem ??????????????
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Handful View Post
    To say I got excited coming to 2 out there is an understatement...... Really thought Pinkie was going to win and thought he only had Runyon Rattler to beat. Never even saw the winner coming! Well done Part time punter on the winner.
    Cheers DH, really fancied it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Geezer View Post
    Have you tried this app T, I think you can watch ATR on it, not sure if RTE covering it in Ireland ?

https://imobdro.com/
    Any suggestions for iPad Roger? I think imodbro only works on PCs or android?

Thanks
    As a Virginmedia customer I use Virgin TVAnywhere, but if not possible for you Paul maybe one of these ?

https://www.lifewire.com/watch-tv-on-your-ipad-1994425

Thanks
    Sutton Place FFS

Thanks
    hope the horse is ok...another brilliant finish to big race with right horses involved. great week

Thanks
    bit better jumping today but really has no respect for the fences does he

hope willie doesn't mess around with Douvan in the camp already. that horse deserves to have a crack at all the big grade 1's next season. be some sight in the Tingle Creek.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    How's yer heart Grassy...............fooking thing thinks he's Dunkirk
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My heart is pretty handy, Fist.....that wipes out my losses for the week, and never a moment's concern.

Some outfits clearly looking for a slap, as have GF as big as 18/1 for the Champion Chase (single figures in places).
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
    hope the horse is ok...another brilliant finish to big race with right horses involved. great week
    Up OK, just winded

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Perpetual View Post
    I am there tomorrow and will be having a lumpy cash bet on Great Field to pay for the trip

Only other bet will be Uknowhatimeanharry EW if I can get 9/2+
    Nice shootin', Perp.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Grasshopper For This Useful Post:

Perpetual (30th April 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    Good work Nick - always nice when a wild one proves you right
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

18. The Following User Says Thank You to granger For This Useful Post:

Grasshopper (27th April 2017)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Anyone who likes to rage should be looking at laying Altior around 1.27...he's got to go much bigger in running.

As for today I am a huge fan of Jamie Codd but the eas in what Shin A Vee beat his mount Inniskillin last year sticks in the mind.
    Shin A Vee goes for 4 in a row in this and is very hard to oppose.

Irish Champion Hurdle

It won't be easy today MTOY came back to his best and he always travels well and while a danger he can only win if he doesn't come off the bridle.

Vroom Vroom Mag I have to discard as 2 miles even with the wildest imagination is not her trip.

Petite Mouchoir was no match for Buveur D'Air but Cheltenham is hardly designed to bring out the best in him...Huge chance here.

Arctic Fire may well have won the County with top weight but he was only conceding 6lbs to L'ami Serge and that form may not be quite good enough
    He also may find things round here happen a tad too quick for him. Big chance but best backed for a place only

Labaik.......**** of a thing cost me and others a right few quid the other day. If he sets off I'll have a saver on him just in case...horse should not be allowed to run until he can be put in front of the stewards and be seen to start in a trial 3 times on the trot.....or be deemed by every betting organisation on the planet as a non runner if failing to start at the start not 20 fookin minutes later.

Brain Power ran as expected at Cheltenham and I can't see this being much enough different...should not be good enough to beat all of the big 4 but has youth on his side and likely to be placed.

As for the best outsider.....there isn't one.

1. Petit Mouchoir. 2 Arctic Fire 3. Brain Power
    Last edited by Tanlic; 28th April 2017 at 5:44 AM.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Robbie Power and Jessica Harrington are having a golden spell, some fine horses putting in the performances of their careers being superbly ridden. Long may it last, however arguably the team's best performance by rider and horse was yesterday's win by Bobabout in the JLT. Almost brought down, out the back and Power swithering about pulling up, the horse was gradually put back into the race and eventually brought with a well timed and gutsy run to win by a nose. An incredible display of everything that makes jump racing so fascinating regardless of whether one backed or not.

I'm not clever enough to put up a link and would appreciate it if someone bright enough would do so.

Thanks
    Petit Mouchoir a non-runner (stone bruise).

I was on course on Tuesday and it was very clear that Jack Kennedy was done up like a kipper on Labaik but it's disgraceful that he was allowed to jog round to avoid another 'refused to race'. If a horse doesn't jump off in reasonable time (10 seconds?) the starter should have the power to declare RTR and a non-runner.
    The older I get the better I was.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    Petit Mouchoir a non-runner (stone bruise).

I was on course on Tuesday and it was very clear that Jack Kennedy was done up like a kipper on Labaik but it's disgraceful that he was allowed to jog round to avoid another 'refused to race'. If a horse doesn't jump off in reasonable time (10 seconds?) the starter should have the power to declare RTR and a non-runner.
    Surely Jack Kennedy should be under instruction that if he can't get away closely on a par with the rest of the field he should pull up immediately? It is unfair from all parties, including the course stewards and starter that punters are left out o f pocket, particularly on a short priced horse when it is given no chance Bookies should have done the right thing and refunded all bets.