Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: 2-y-os 2017

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Today's runners:

Curragh 1.55

DECLARATION OF WAR - Actress (12.1) did the best of the rest when making her debut, at Naas, but never a threat behind the well-thought-of, easy winner, Alpha Centauri, beaten 2.5 lengths.

SOCIETY ROCK - Yolo Star (15.4) missed the break and finished mid-field, on debut, in that same Naas race.
    Ah! but a man's reach should exceed his grasp......

Thanks
    Bell Watch

Interesting gallop with Choice Encounter, Immortal Romance and Main Desire. This winning High Chapparal colt came out best of the 3, though Immortal Romance was probably given the most searching gallop. With Choice Encounter running tomorrow he wasn't given such a searching gallop but wasn't beaten far by Main Desire.
    Main Desire goes to York this week, so the quality of these gallops should be tested.
    On the same day a Street Cry filly of the Queen's called First Drive had her first sighting and seemed to know what to do when in a gallop with Roulette. But it's the first time I've seen both it's hard to gauge the value of this. Another Royal filly (Any Little Rhyme) appeared last week and appeared very close in ability to her galloping partner Arabian Jazz who ran 2nd a few days later.

On the Fallon question, he said he'd been riding out at Somerville Lodge when interviewed at the Craven meeting. He even gave a winning tip for a Haggas horse.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eleanora Duse For This Useful Post:

Colin Phillips (14th May 2017), edgt (14th May 2017), Maxbet (15th May 2017)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Actress was a comfortable winner for DECLARATION OF WAR at the Curragh yesterday.

There are no FSS representatives running today.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Colin Phillips For This Useful Post:

Maxbet (15th May 2017)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Good run from Choice Encounter, think he bumped into a smart one there.

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by edgt View Post
    Sounds from Colin Keane's ATR interview that Black Sails is Lyons' best two year old.
    Aftertiming I know but worth a mention.
    I remember last year someone told me Colin Keane thought a 3yo was a Guineas horse. When I mentioned it to someone who's around the game a long time his response was "What the **** would he know about Group 1 horses".

Thanks
    Thanked 1,348 Times in 804 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hopefully he knows a bit more now; he can use his whip with both hands which shows improvement

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by edgt View Post
    Hopefully he knows a bit more now; he can use his whip with both hands which shows improvement

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Today's first season sire runners:

Beverley 2.00

RED JAZZ - Magic Jazz (19.3) green on debut when finishing mid-field over this course and distance; outpaced early, stayed on late.

Chepstow 5.40

SOCIETY ROCK - Major Peirson (31.3) out of a Galileo mare and half-brother to the fairly useful Heaven's Eyes, winner of three races on an artificial surfaces over distances from 8 - 9.5 furlongs.

SOCIETY ROCK - Debutante's Ball (28.4) out of a Distant View mare and a half-sister to two decent winners, one at 7f. and the other at 10f.

Thanks
    33/1 winner for Society Rock today

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Yesterday - Debutante's Ball a very nice 25/1 winner for FSS SOCIETY ROCK.

Today:

York 5.05

MAZAMEER - Furze Boy (26.5) already gelded, green and slowly away when showing very little on debut.

LETHAL FORCE - Knockout Blow (14.4) out of a Danetime mare and a half-brother to three winners including the very smart Rex Imperator (RPR 116) the winner of the 2013 Stewards' Cup at Goodwood.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colin Phillips For This Useful Post:

fonz (17th May 2017), Part time punter (18th May 2017)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    As Dave Nevison predicted from the market, there was no way that Knockout Blow wins.

Today:

York 5.05

LETHAL FORCE - Red Force One (25.4) the first foal of a Teofilo mare.

Salisbury 1.40

HAVANA GOLD - Headway (14.3) good second to Gold Town, beaten a neck, on debut at Newbury.

Newmarket 5.50

HAVANA GOLD - Mysaan (17.3) reasonable debut at Newbury when finishing seventh, beaten 5 lengths, by Gold Town.

FARHH - Iconic Sunset (19.3) sire's first runner, I believe, and is the first foal of a Halling mare.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Colin Phillips For This Useful Post:

Part time punter (18th May 2017)

Thanks
    I've heard a whisper for Red Force One but from an unreliable source and I am not backing it, thought I'd mention it in case anyone out there has also heard a whisper and make me a bit more certain.

I was at this Dante meeting a few years ago when Ceiling Kitty won the maiden at 28/1 for same trainer and jockey (Dascombe/Kingscote) first time out on course, my mate backed it because he was getting his ceilings re plastered and I was doing my nut that it had won and that was the reason he had backed it. Incidentally, Ceiling Kitty's first foal Formidable Kitt runs in the first race at York tomorrow (2 year old listed fillies race), by invincible spirit. Won first time out albeit that race doesn't look great.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Part time punter For This Useful Post:

Colin Phillips (18th May 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Part time punter View Post
    I've heard a whisper for Red Force One but from an unreliable source and I am not backing it, thought I'd mention it in case anyone out there has also heard a whisper and make me a bit more certain.

I was at this Dante meeting a few years ago when Ceiling Kitty won the maiden at 28/1 for same trainer and jockey (Dascombe/Kingscote) first time out on course, my mate backed it because he was getting his ceilings re plastered and I was doing my nut that it had won and that was the reason he had backed it. Incidentally, Ceiling Kitty's first foal Formidable Kitt runs in the first race at York tomorrow (2 year old listed fillies race), by invincible spirit. Won first time out albeit that race doesn't look great.
    Plenty of money for Formidable Kitt tomorrow. Haven't heard anything at all on it and is short against a lot of unknowns.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Today's FSS runners:

Newbury 2.00

DECLARATION OF WAR - Aiya (19.3) out of a Woodman mare and a half-brother to three winners including Frozen Fire (RPR 121) winner of the 2008 Irish Derby.

HAVANA GOLD - Gravina (16.2) out of a Dunhill Dancer mare and a half-sister to Gold Mount (RPR 108) winner of last year's King George V Stakes at Royal Ascot.

Cork 6.20

DAWN APPROACH - Angelique (13.2) finished well to just get up on the line to take third on debut over this course and distance.

SOCIETY ROCK - Yolo Star (15.4) stepped up debut effort when second at the Curragh last time, leading until one out but no match for the 1/3 favourite Actress.

Newcastle 5.45

LETHAL FORCE - Gangland (29.3) is already gelded, he is out of a Dubai mare and is a half-brother to a moderate winner over 6/7f.

LETHAL FORCE - Move It Move It (7.3) out of a Primo Valentino mare and and a half-brother to Pipers Note winner of eight races over 5/6f.

SOCIETY ROCK - Shaheen (5.2) out of an Invincible Spirit mare and is a half-brother to to two winners including the very smart Desert Encounter (RPR 113) the winner of the Listed 12f. race at Ascot last week.

Hamilton 5.55

SOCIETY ROCK - Unfortunately (16.3) reasonable debut at Newmarket's Craven Meeting, finishing 5th. beaten 3.5 lengths by Sound And Silence.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Colin Phillips For This Useful Post:

fonz (19th May 2017)

Thanks
    Yolo Star and Unfortunately a couple of decent chances for Society Rock to extend his lead

Thanks
    Main Desire is a fair benchmark then.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleanora Duse View Post
    Main Desire is a fair benchmark then.
    Fair is probably an understatement! Beat some useful types there and seemed to cope with the ground absolutely no problem.

Thanks ED for the gallops info, genuinely appreciated.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyB View Post
    Yolo Star and Unfortunately a couple of decent chances for Society Rock to extend his lead
    Both winners, not that I backed them. But I'm happy with the Society Rock position!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    As Benny has posted above, two winners for SOCIETY ROCK yesterday Unfortunately at Hamilton and Yolo Star at Cork.

Today's runners:

Newbury 4.05

EPAULETTE - Rogue (25.2) is the first foal of a Diamond Green mare.

Navan 3.00

RED JAZZ - Dowhatisay (29.1) the first foal of a Fasilyev mare.

RECKLESS ABANDON - Guessthebill (17.3) kept on well, on debut, when beaten a head into second by T For Tango at Naas.

TOUGH AS NAILS - My Silver Nails (1.4) becoming quite exposed after three moderate runs.

Doncaster 6.20

RED JAZZ - Jedi Master (22.2) has shown reasonable ability in his two runs.

MAXIOS - Zabaletaswansong (18.2) didn't show a great deal on debut when 5th. of 6 beaten 10 lengths at Ascot last week.

HAVANA GOLD - Our Man In Havana (6.4) not a bad effort when fourth at Lingfield (a.w) on debut, the first two in that race have won since.

SWISS SPIRIT - Flo's Melody (17.2) showed speed on debut at Ripon when third beaten 3.75 lengths, the second that day has won since.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Colin Phillips For This Useful Post:

Eleanora Duse (20th May 2017)

Thanks
    Society Rock still available at 7/2 with Racebets - I don't think they have adjusted their prices after yesterday's two winners. He has 7 and his nearest pursuer is on 3. I know there's a long way to go but that 7/2 is way too big IMO. Logged on expecting to see 7/4.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to BennyB For This Useful Post:

Colin Phillips (20th May 2017)