Thread: Nick Luck Interviews With Rich Ricci & Nicky Henderson

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts

Nick Luck Interviews With Rich Ricci & Nicky Henderson

For those that missed it yesterday, the interview on RacingUK

https://www.racinguk.com/videos/watch/ondemand/4201

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Diamond Geezer For This Useful Post:

Aughex (15th November 2017), edgt (13th November 2017), Tanlic (13th November 2017)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I watched it and really don't understand those who criticize they guy. Come's across as a genuine enough guy who has a better knowledge of the game than your average Joe.

We would all like to know more of what's happening next but in my experience that is very seldom possible because horses are not machines.

Unlike our pal JP you will very seldom find Ricci having them run 5 gallops short of a canter
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Someone mention he interviewed Nicky Henderson don't happen to know if there's a link?
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post
    Someone mention he interviewed Nicky Henderson don't happen to know if there's a link?
    https://www.racinguk.com/videos/watch/ondemand/4196

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Thank you kind sir..I shall lwatch shortly
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    @Tanlic, being genuine at the wrong time is not being genuine at all. Like when he says they weren't happy with Douvan all season long ? Anyone was aware of that up until he says it a year later?? I'm not talking here about changing targets, thats futile given WPM & Ruby are the deciding factors. I'm talking about info that he passes onto the public long after the insiders knew them, whether he makes stuff up or not to fit the narrative, thats still not a genuine person. What would you expect, he's a banker..

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Douvan is in great form ahead of his return in the Hilly Way Chase. He has been working well, has schooled perfectly, and we’re very happy with him. RUBY WALSH 2016
    "I worry slightly, as to me in looking to my eye, Douvan doesn't always necessarily run his best race at Cheltenham but he is going there in great form and I'm hoping he can put up something pretty special. Pre QMCC Rich Richi

At least that is what a reporter wrote which may or may not be exact quotes

Sometimes that is just people sometimes convincing themselves that things are better than they really are.

Not until thing go wrong do they look back and see the truth of the matter ..eg Like that day he didn't pick up as normal or the fence he jumped awkwardly.........love can be blind and Ricci is no exception to the rule.

As for Douvan goes he is the best horse in training and even Nicky Henderson has admitted he will take all the beating and getting to him and passing him is a massive ask ....Def not the same confidence he had when Sprinter was going for the QMCC against Sizing Europe.......he'll be one worried man if the two are both 100% and clash
    Formely Fist of Fury