Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ante-Post - Flat 2017

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    Looks an interesting race. Hills have Here Comes When and Oh This is Us at the top of their market but both are stepping up in trip and look worth taking on. I like Folkswood at 5s. He was too keen over 10f last time out (where he didn't lead) and I like his form from Newmarket in the Earl of Sefton where he wandered and was caught be Steel of Madrid (re-opposes but 3lb worse off). Newmarket is not a good track for front runners and Epsom should suit him more. Trip is his optimum, not afraid of any of his likely opposition.
    Cheers for the heads up. Hopefully Czabo goes for The Queen Elizabeth as she'd have a better chance there. 10/1 stand out price from William Hill atm.
    Last edited by Marb; 31st May 2017 at 12:52 AM.

SlimChance
    Beckford will be skipping Royal Ascot for the Railway Stakes on Derby Day in the Curragh.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    Cheers for the heads up. Hopefully Czabo goes for The Queen Elizabeth as she'd have a better chance there. 10/1 stand out price from William Hill atm.
    Declared. Maybe an each way chance or alternative, against the short price favourite Laugh Aloud. I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Marb; 1st June 2017 at 2:15 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimChance View Post
    Beckford will be skipping Royal Ascot for the Railway Stakes on Derby Day in the Curragh.
    Cheers Slim. Luckily didn't get involved ante post.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    A horse that could run in Ireland on Saturday, and seems to be rated lower than what its probably worth is Czabo. She came right back to form last time, when beating the Aidan O Brien filly, Somehow. Czabo is owned by the Magniers/David Wachman, trained by Mick Channon, which is an interesting trainer/owner combination. She hasn't been raised for beating Somehow, who is rated 15lb superior to her. I reckon Czabo is an eyecatching entry in The Royal Hunt Cup. She'll need it soft, which she's unlikely to get in mid-June, but you never know. Its happened a few times before. 40/1 with Ladbrokes, worth considering.
    Given the ground is too firm for her, to run a place, would be a good run.

Thanks
    Slim........Do you think Rivet will get a mile?

Oh yeah, he got it as a 2yo. 10f should be his trip. The front three pulled well clear today and I think he would have been closer ridden with more restraint, the other two came from the back.
    Quote Originally Posted by reet hard View Post
    Agree with Euro, hasn't the pace of a true miler, which is why he was ridden as he was yesterday, and why he lost the Craven (and why Eminent was overrated). Be some horse over 10f though, imho.
    Front runners holding their own.....Dettori front running masterclass, E/W bet to nothing Rivetting

Thanks
    Was too keen there. They need to get him to settle over this trip because he isn't winning G1's over a mile.

Front two very good, the winner looks top drawer, Waldgeist will be a tool over further.

Thanks
    I have some questions:
    Do you think it's likely that the lads will run Highland Reel in the Hardwicke Stakes so soon after his win at Epsom?
    Would you rate Highland Reel or Jack Hobbs the better horse?
    Given the ropey looking nature of the Prince Of Wales Stakes, Would John Gosden not be mad to try and win what will be far and away the horse's best chance to win a 10f Grp1.

Thanks
    HR is a hardy enough horse and they have nothing else for the race with Seventh Heaven not liking the place last year seemingly.

I'd have Jack Hobbs a pound or two better.

Possibly.

Thanks
    HR is a hardy enough horse and they have nothing else for the race with Seventh Heaven not liking the place last year seemingly.

I'd have Jack Hobbs a pound or two better.

Possibly.
    Isn't Seventh Heaven like Minding out till the autumn anyway ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardross View Post
    Isn't Seventh Heaven like Minding out till the autumn anyway ?

Yes, she is.

Thanks
    That's a shame.

Anyway, onto Ascot and I am balls deep in Godolphin Blue. I have:

Barney Roy in the SJP at 3s and as a second part of a win double with Ribchester (Lockinge)

Dream Castle in the Jersey at 8s. Couldn't understand this price after the Guineas as they went this route with Ribchester last year after his run at Newmarket and they have others for the SJP and Commonwealth. He's shortened noticeably since they acquired Harry Angel.

Next Stage in the Hunt Cup at 20s. Ran a fine race the last day but 9f extends him. This race is made for him.

Harry Angel in the Commonwealth at 9/2 and 7/2. Backed him before he became a boy in blue. This horse will trade close to evens IR to my mind and I'm loading up with a view to a trade during the race.

Thanks
    Highland Reel could go for POW Stakes or Hardwicke Stakes is this not true?

Thanks
    He could but his form over 10f isn't all that.

Thanks
    No disrespect but I think Churchill will eat Barney Roy and Caravaggio will eat Harry angel. Coolmore v Godolphin. Best of luck though it's all about opinions.

Thanks
    Ribchester looks a banker allright

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wilhelm View Post
    No disrespect but I think Churchill will eat Barney Roy and Caravaggio will eat Harry angel. Coolmore v Godolphin. Best of luck though it's all about opinions.
    Not that confident about the former now but I don't consider HA a Godolphin horse yet really.

Thanks
    Placed two A/P bets during Ascot week.

Waldgeist Irish Derby at 4s. Despite the Derby form looking to hold up quite well during the week I'm not convinced 5/2 the first and third from Epsom and 4/1 the second from Chantilly is correct - especially with the improvement to come from the Fabre horse when he tackles 12f.

I've also taken 5s about Churchill for the Sussex. I'm guessing the lads will want to restore their colt's reputation and what better way than beating Ribchester at Goodwood. I always favour 3yos in this race as imo the WFA is two or three pounds too generous. It's not their style to run Winter in this so if he's right I expect him to show up. Barney Roy I don't see as a likely contender given Ribchester's presence but even if he did show up I think he needs a stiller mile or even 10f.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    After some research today I've found the value for The John Smiths Cup in two weeks at York, but I want to keep it to myself for now. Sooner or later I will knock in a good anti-post bet. I know it!

Danzeno 5th at Royal Ascot, Natural Scenery 2nd yesterday. A winner could be on the cards.
    Last edited by Marb; 2nd July 2017 at 10:06 PM.

Thanks
    Sixties Groove if he gets in. Also have one for the Bunbury - it's gonna be a red letter each way double bonanza.