Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ante-Post - Flat 2017

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    AP favourite Morando is out of the Lincoln with a setback

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Diamond Geezer For This Useful Post:

fonz (30th March 2017)

Thanks
    Slightly late post for the thread but I'm on Gabrial 25/1 E/W, may just find the win beyond him with his mark of 108 but Adam McNamara taking off 3lb will important and at a C&D that he's 2/2 at seems a sound bet.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    A bit early for this maybe but a number of firms have priced up the Lincoln and of the five trackers I have left on my list

from last year two of them are quoted, Carrington and Next Stage. Both Godolphin animals, the former tends to lose his races

from tardy starts but actually left the gate on time in his last race, but didn't stay the extended trip (miler running over 11f)

the latter was hampered badly in June at Donny when finishing a clear second from the subsequent Britannia winner and

was tailed off in his only other start (soft ground so easy to ignore). I've taken a little 33s about him, will only back Carrington IR.
    Carrington runs over 12f in the 4.15 at Leicester today

Thanks
    He's a miler, pulled too hard. Still interesting if he runs over his optimum.

Thanks
    Churchill - this years One Cool Cat (amongst other Storm Cat's that haven't trained on) or the real deal?

I've had a couple of quid on Al Wukair and Dream Castle to turn him over.

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by simmo View Post
    Churchill - this years One Cool Cat (amongst other Storm Cat's that haven't trained on) or the real deal?

I've had a couple of quid on Al Wukair and Dream Castle to turn him over.
    Sunybay is all over Al Wukair. My only worry is Dream Ahead is a rancid sire.

Thanks
    So was Wooton Bassett until Almanzor came along. I wouldn't let a sire put me off if I thought the horse was good enough.

Thanks
    I'm with Suny. Aside from the way he won today Al Wukair put up a serious time figure.
    ROLL ON THE RESISTANCE !!!

Banned
    Thanks
    Derby
    Waldgeist 20/1

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Our Rita For This Useful Post:

simmo (11th April 2017)

Thanks
    Coral a wildly standout 16/1 Al Wukair, best price 7s elsewhere.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonl View Post
    Coral a wildly standout 16/1 Al Wukair, best price 7s elsewhere.
    I've no idea what price Corals went straight after the race but their price at 8.50pm last night - half time in the Arsenal game which was when I checked - was 8/1.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gus View Post
    I've no idea what price Corals went straight after the race but their price at 8.50pm last night - half time in the Arsenal game which was when I checked - was 8/1.
    Kept stakes small for fear of flagging it up. We'll see what happens but take a look at the oddschecker history, they were this price pre 6:00 AM but into 6s an hour or so later.

Capture9.jpg

Thanks
    I've noticed several times recently that the prices shown on Oddschecker aren't actually available if you actually try to place a bet and the Corals prices quoted are the slowest to be updated. Invariably bet by mobile these days so no idea if the same applies on the desktop site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    But if you look at the attachment you'll see they let me get the bet on at that price Viking.

If they claim culpable error later on then so be it but it was clearly available on their site at 5:40 AM today.

Thanks
    Didn't notice that. Nice work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. The Following User Says Thank You to viking For This Useful Post:

wilsonl (11th April 2017)

Thanks
    Ladbrokes are completely out of line with every other book on Friday's Marathon.

Capture10.jpg

I've taken the 14/1 ()e/w about Watersmeet. Looked to really enjoy the step up in trip and think he'll be a lot closer to Natural Scenery over 2m with the weight pull.
    Last edited by wilsonl; 12th April 2017 at 11:57 AM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I am on Aneen at 33s (last winter) and 20s (march) to win the Irish 1000Gns. Loved her maiden win last back end.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I spent some Easter-time looking at the flat anti-post markets, especially the Chester Cup.

The horse that caught my eye was Mirsaale. Formerly with James Tate, more recently with Keith Dalgleish.

This looks a real decent handicapper.

A healthy 20 percent strike rate on the flat, Mirsaale went novice hurdling, won a couple of those, but lost its way. He'll be better now switched back to the flat. He did win a decent pot this time at Ripon last year, so Mirsaale is a horse who wants to be caught, (and punted) early-on this season, in a race like The Chester Cup. Currently 25/1.

There'll be no NRNB for a while, so you need him to get there in one piece, but I'll take my chances. I reckon this could be a Marb special! We'll have to wait a few weeks to find out though.
    Last edited by Marb; 16th April 2017 at 4:02 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    I spent some Easter-time looking at the flat anti-post markets, especially the Chester Cup.

The horse that caught my eye was Mirsaale. Formerly with James Tate, more recently with Keith Dalgleish.

This looks a real decent handicapper.

A healthy 20 percent strike rate on the flat, Mirsaale went novice hurdling, won a couple of those, but lost its way. He'll be better now switched back to the flat. He did win a decent pot this time at Ripon last year, so Mirsaale is a horse who wants to be caught, (and punted) early-on this season, in a race like The Chester Cup. Currently 25/1.

There'll be no NRNB for a while, so you need him to get there in one piece, but I'll take my chances. I reckon this could be a Marb special! We'll have to wait a few weeks to find out though.
    Anyone of our flatties on here have an opinion on The Chester Cup? I'd be interested to hear any angles people may have.

Thanks
    St Michel could be interesting. I'd give him a pass for the ces as its a very tough race for a 3yo and although he's off a high mark Chester is the best course in the country for weight carrying.

Sent from my MediaPad M1 8.0 using Tapatalk