Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Haldon Gold Cup

Thanks
    For what it's worth re the rows and feuding - I've been away for a while, having in the past been more active in the Neigh days, and it's great to read a bit of narky bitterness and sniping - just like the old days. Reminds me of a bunch of old feckers after one too many - a welcome antidote to the smarmy homogeneity of much of social
    Media - more bitterness and fewer emojis all round, I say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Dodging Bullets was shocking last season-It is purely guesswork but I could see Nicholls having him ready today -his race to win.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    Pain au Choc hasn't had a run nor won FTO, ditto Sir Valentino.

I've excused PAC for not having won FTO as only a 5yo

Thanks
    2.20 - Exeter - Sir Valentino. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1.
    Dodging Bullets and Garde La Victoire are the class of this race and both drop into handicap company over fences for the first time. Dodging Bullets usually improves for his first run of the season and Garde La Victoire has fallen on his last two starts as a Chaser so both have questions to answer. The latter is preferred of the two having won over hurdles on his reappearance and reportedly schooled well. However he is short enough at prices of 2/1 and lower and a chance is given to Sir Valentino who could make the frame at least. He may not be as classy as his illustrious opponents at the head of the market but he is progressive having improved 25 pounds in a 16 run career as a Chaser. He has been well beaten on his last two starts but he seemed to find the trip too far in the Summer Plate at Market Rasen and the other came over hurdles. Prior to that he was a facile winner over 19 furlongs at Market Rasen on good ground from a six pound lower mark than he runs from today. Nearly all his outings over fences have been around two miles but this stiff extended 17 furlongs could prove ideal and may illicit the improvement he needs to get competitive.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EC1 View Post
    am struggling with this..presenting arms.. doesn't seem to show best on stiff tracks in any consistent way..Pain o chocolate seems to struggle when racing for this sort of prize.,ticks in other boxes,sir Valentino..poorish when racing for this sort of £..but has ticks in other boxes

so many negatives..probably something will win by default

i might just dutch Pain O Chocolate + Sir Valentino..who both only really fail on £ ...but.. either may improve to defy that

any views on this decent race on a November tuesday?
    not bad for a "clown"

the "laugh" might be on the clown caller

well done Ricko..happy days

6. The Following User Says Thank You to EC1 For This Useful Post:

Ricko (1st November 2016)

Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Ricko View Post
    2.20 - Exeter - Sir Valentino. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1.
    Dodging Bullets and Garde La Victoire are the class of this race and both drop into handicap company over fences for the first time. Dodging Bullets usually improves for his first run of the season and Garde La Victoire has fallen on his last two starts as a Chaser so both have questions to answer. The latter is preferred of the two having won over hurdles on his reappearance and reportedly schooled well. However he is short enough at prices of 2/1 and lower and a chance is given to Sir Valentino who could make the frame at least. He may not be as classy as his illustrious opponents at the head of the market but he is progressive having improved 25 pounds in a 16 run career as a Chaser. He has been well beaten on his last two starts but he seemed to find the trip too far in the Summer Plate at Market Rasen and the other came over hurdles. Prior to that he was a facile winner over 19 furlongs at Market Rasen on good ground from a six pound lower mark than he runs from today. Nearly all his outings over fences have been around two miles but this stiff extended 17 furlongs could prove ideal and may illicit the improvement he needs to get competitive.
    Will that do for you EC1?

Banned
    Thanks
    yes Ricko..a proper reply and outcome..you a top lad

it might have been a "below par" race..but the money back is the same as if it were full of top notchers...a few on this thread will be highly disappointed..never mind..choke it back eh?

be a pin dropper on here now.."oooh i've no time to post..although i always find time to jump on the kick EC bandwagon".

eat it..to those who only post in a negative way towards me..up yours viking and treffich or whatever your name is..both of you fit that category...no time for either of you or others with same tendencies

i'll take that new dog for a walk now Digger
    Last edited by EC1; 1st November 2016 at 3:35 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to EC1 For This Useful Post:

Ricko (1st November 2016)

Banned
    Thanks
    ping..you can hear a pin drop now..isn't it sickening?..Viking...Treffuckitch..you both very quick with the knife..both dislike a username on a messageboard..for no real reason..bar bias..is that how you are in real life..take against someone for no reason?

I'd keep the board supplied with winners and analysis now eh?...because its people like you 2 that drive good posters away..and like it or not..i'm one of the best you will come across..sorry to have to say that..its not my nature ..unless i'm dealing with such as you two

i hate people with biases..based on nothing done wrong...a lot of it about though isn't there?

you two..and such like you..destroy boards eventually

i'd start getting some winners posted..there is a void to fill

good luck with it..you will need it based on what i've seen of the pair of you
    Last edited by EC1; 1st November 2016 at 3:52 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,119 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EC1, in what way do you think posts like the above, will help you achieve your stated aim of keeping the board busy?

In one post, you are vigorously encouraging people to post, and in the next you are telling Members to go fu*ck themselves (metaphorically speaking).

It's a schizophrenic attitude to have.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    ping..you can hear a pin drop now..isn't it sickening?..Viking...Treffuckitch..you both very quick with the knife..both dislike a username on a messageboard..for no real reason..bar bias..is that how you are in real life..take against someone for no reason?

I'd keep the board supplied with winners and analysis now eh?...because its people like you 2 that drive good posters away..and like it or not..i'm one of the best you will come across..sorry to have to say that..its not my nature ..unless i'm dealing with such as you two

i hate people with biases..based on nothing done wrong...a lot of it about though isn't there?

you two..and such like you..destroy boards eventually

i'd start getting some winners posted..there is a void to fill

good luck with it..you will need it based on what i've seen of the pair of you
    There really is no need for any of this stuff.

We always have a Neigh meet up at the Cheltenham meetings. I tell you now there wouldn't be many at a Talking Horses meet up.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    EC1, in what way do you think posts like the above, will help you achieve your stated aim of keeping the board busy?

In one post, you are vigorously encouraging people to post, and in the next you are telling Members to go fu*ck themselves (metaphorically speaking).

It's a schizophrenic attitude to have.
    no...here is the problem ..and its highlighted by your above post..you take time out to post that..but don't comment on the sh1t posted by trefuckwit or Viking

its those you should be asking..why is it you never post anything positive towards a poster..but then shove knife in...there is only one reason why people do that...a completely illogical dislike of a username..they should have tablets for that..both the idiots i've mentioned would be on 10 a day

thats where the problem lies..and you are part of it by ignoring those sort of posts but only reacting to my posts

i'm a major poster on here...and have been for a long time..you won't critise them..but use your effort to have another swipe at me

if you are tallking about people needing treatment..why don't you ask how an adult bears a grudge against a username on a messageboard like those two articles do..they the ones that need taking to task here,,not me

i've had enough anyway..i'll leave for the 45th time..but this time...i have done..i'm not having it...i don't need it at all..i come here for a laugh..share a few ideas and winners/...i'm not having folk who never interract with me just posting in the negative way as highlighted on this thread
    Last edited by EC1; 1st November 2016 at 4:10 PM.

Thanks
    i've had enough anyway..i'll leave for teh 45th time..but this time...i have done..i'm not having it
    Thank feck for that....attention seeking nonsense.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,755 Posts
    Well done to EC1 and Ricko for a lovely-priced winner.

I missed the race - only just back in - but watch the replay at the JC site and realised when I saw the SPs ticker-taping through that today probably wasn't going to be the day for either PAC or D. Neither was off, the former being kept wide throughout, allowed to lose his place after a while and then being asked to move up again when the pace was quickening, while Dresden was never really put into the race.

The only crumbs of comfort I can take from the race are that the winner was the only other one I considered seriously enough, that the favourite was worth taking on at the price, that I'd thought Dodging Bullets would struggle and that two other analysts whose opinion I value manged to back the winner. I'm pleased for them both and a we bit sorry for GLV's backers as he really gave them a super run for their money. He's probably run better than I'd anticipated.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Thanked 1,566 Times in 1,119 Posts
    Blog Entries
    no...here is the problem ..and its highlighted by your above post..you take time out to post that..but don't comment on the sh1t posted by trefuckwit or Viking

its those you should be asking..why is it you never post anything positive towards a poster..but then shove knife in...there is only one reason why people do that...a completely illogical dislike of a username..they should have tablets for that..both the idiots i've mentioned would be on 10 a day

thats where the problem lies..and you are part of it by ignoring those sort of posts but only reacting to my posts

i'm a major poster on here...and have been for a long time..you won't critise them..but use your effort to have another swipe at me

if you are tallking about people needing treatment..why don't you ask how an adult bears a grudge against a username on a messageboard like those two articles do..they the ones that need taking to task here,,not me

i've had enough anyway..i'll leave for teh 45th time..but this time...i have done..i'm not having it

EC1, you have basically been spoiling for a fight since the start of the thread, and the culpability is yours alone, as far as I'm concerned.

Calm down, sleep on it, and start posting winners on here again. No-one wants to lose you as a poster, but brow-beating people about their lack of interest, and then having the cheek to say it's their fault if they bite back, is a waste of everyone's time - including yours.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    1.06 in running GLV -2.04 Dodging Bullets.

Banned
    Thanks
    Last edited by EC1; 1st November 2016 at 4:17 PM.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Thank feck for that....attention seeking nonsense.
    oh dear..thats disappopinting to see..you just have to try and be the big man don't you?..well that post makes you look exactly the opposite..a real spineless posting

i'd be checking actually who keeps this forum interesting..it ain't you is it?...the time and effort i have put in through the years..and look at your unnecesary sh1t response....another back stabbing twat aren't you?
    Last edited by EC1; 1st November 2016 at 4:17 PM.

Thanks
    oh dear..thats disappopinting to see..you just have to try and be the big man don't you?..well that post makes you look exactly the opposite..a real spineless posting

i'd be checking actually who keeps this forum interesting..it ain't you is it?...the time and effort i have put in through the years..and look at your unnecesary sh1t response....another back stabbing twat aren't you?
    Nah you're just a lonely bored old man with zero manners. There is never any need to talk to people the way you do on this forum and you do it only to create noise and attention. I actually don't blame you hence why i suggested you should get a dog and get out and get some fresh air. You are probably suffering a bit from being out of work and it happens to many. Manners maketh man.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    EC1, you have basically been spoiling for a fight since the start of the thread, and the culpability is yours alone, as far as I'm concerned.

Calm down, sleep on it, and start posting winners on here again. No-one wants to lose you as a poster, but brow-beating people about their lack of interest, and then having the cheek to say it's their fault if they bite back, is a waste of everyone's time - including yours.
    i haven't brow beaten anyone..thats just total bollox...shove it anyway..i'm tired of some of the complete muppets on here..its a shame really..the few halfwits ruin things for the rest..its been that way for a long time on here..and such as you won't say owt......but are very quick to just pull me up..you are a biased person imo..i've no time for it

Thanks
    The 2016 Haldon Gold Cup; the race when Dodging Bullets showed a glimmer of his past self and ran well for a long way, Garde La Victoire continued to show jumping frailties and is probably best served by a permanent switch back to hurdles and Sir Valentino continued his climb up the the ratings but come the end of the season it'll surely be remembered as the race that produced more wrath than a Clinton Trump debate and saw EC leave the forum (twice).

Well done Ricko and EC for finding the winner.

at least I beat SP
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."