Thread: Ante-Post - Jumps 2016/17

Thanks

Ante-Post - Jumps 2016/17

I'm thinking we should have a thread similar to the Jumps one but one minus Festival races as most of that chatter is

on other threads.

Some layers have prices out for the Betfair Chase:

Cue Card 2/1
    Djakadam 7/2
    Coneygree 5/1
    Sil Conti 6/1
    Vautour 10/1
    Smad Place 12/1
    Blacklion 14/1

Given his age and a hard campaign last year I kind of want to be against Cue Card and with Mullins probably

not having one ready this early in the season I have this between Coneygree and Smad Place. The former is coming

off injury and likely will have a run prior, the latter is interesting. He was outclassed in the King George and the

Gold Cup but this won't take as much winning and I think he's worth a go each way.
    Last edited by Euronymous; 25th September 2016 at 10:13 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Euronymous For This Useful Post:

granger (25th September 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    Avant Tout is a weak Henessy fav. Not sure what takes him on but def opposing him
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Very early but Seeyouatmidnight looks just the type for that. Should get his ground and his win on New Year's Day reads very well now.
    Last edited by Euronymous; 25th September 2016 at 10:41 PM.

Thanks
    Bristol Du Mai is a horse I like alot - Don't think he will step up to 3m and run in the Hennessy but the 12's for the PP won't last forever if he is confirmed for the Cheltenham race
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    quite like Coneygree's price for the KG. Think Vautour (still has question marks on form away from Cheltenham) and Douvan (doubtful runner) makes the market for the others. I wouldn't be surprised to see him beaten in a prep run and his price go even bigger though.

Thanks
    He might come to Leopardstown - it will be soft enough for him there

Thanks
    The new season beckons, and the anticipation is unbearable as we prepare our old stars for comeback heroics. As if that wasn’t exciting enough, we also have some of the youngsters who are about to start their careers (more on that in the next blog post).
    Our beloved Coneygree (Max) has made an excellent recovery and has finished his rehabilitation program. He is now cantering on our new Andrews Bowen Soundtrack gallop and, dare I say it, feels better than ever. It is never easy to comeback at such a high level following an injury, but I truly believe that he has the focus to pick up the winning thread quickly and he is physically feeling in great order.
    Provided his training continues in the same vein, he will be ready to run in time for the Bet365 Charlie Hall Steeplechase which is taking place on Saturday 29th October. This is quite a significant race for Coneygree’s comeback race, as it’s regarded as one of the crucial early season trials for quality chasers, particularly in the long lead up to the Cheltenham Festival. And as a previous Gold Cup winner, we all know where we are hoping he will be headed next year!
    Of course, that is a tentative target and will depend entirely on the weather. He will not run until the ground is genuinely on the soft side of good and if that means we do not run until the Betfair Chase at Haydock (19th November) or even the Hennessey Gold Cup at Newbury then so be it. The ground will be the greatest influence in our decision of where to run him but we are feeling very optimistic and the million pound bonus has been discussed!
    Pluralism of Ideas and the prosperity of any land are intertwined. Freedom of minds and skill of intellect to 'think the unthinkable' is how humanity has progressed; when minds are incarcerated nothing endures.

Thanks
    JN Wine

Sil Conti 9/4
    Don Poli 3/1
    Valseur Lido 5/1
    Outlander/Last Samurai 10/1
    Monksland 12/1

I want to be against Conti here but wonder if the Giggi boys will run all three. Valseur Lido decent value if so, and Monksland overpriced also.

Thanks
    Taken a flyer at Wakanda ew at 25/1 for the Charlie Hall. Won this weekend last year, likes the course, happy to believe that he will be readier than most and can make the frame, and not without a slim win chance. A hard race at Ascot last year left its mark as much as being outclassed at the end of last year. It is a flyer, obviously, at those odds.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I've backed Local Show in the Sodexho Chase at the weekend, in the hope of a bold show ahead of the Hennessy.

A nse win from a 66/1 shot would do nicely.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts
    Grand National - Henri Parry Morgan 66/1 (0.5pt win)
    Champion Hdle - Sceau Royal 33/1 (0.5pt win)
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Two things.

About 6 years ago, I wouldn't touch the GN as a betting perspective. It's so much more appealing these days.

i really hope Valseur turns up at Downroyal. Hopes for him.