Page 1 of 31 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Novice Hurdlers 2016/17

Thanks

Novice Hurdlers 2016/17

A bit early I know, but have been itching to start this thread & reckon this is worthy of it...

Both the last two Champion Bumper winners, (Ballyandy & Moon Racer) are amongst the 5 day entries for the novice hurdle at Perth next Thursday. Bring it on!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perpetual For This Useful Post:

trudij (16th September 2016)

Thanks
    Aspen Colorado out tomorrow.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 736 Posts
    I think Nicholls rates Capitaine very highly
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    AC had a big drift but won comfortably enough.
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Jenkins the pick of Nickys novices

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by granger View Post
    AC had a big drift but won comfortably enough.

Was an amazing price if you fancied it-will be interesting to see the campaign it gets-I can't see them keeping it busy over the winter-purely personal opinion.

Thanks
    I didn't realise Henderson had been sent Claimantakinforgan. I'll be following him this season and I'm surprised he isn't already priced up for either the Neptune or Albert Bartlett.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    Moon Racer is an intended runner at Perth according to Pipe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Perpetual View Post
    Both the last two Champion Bumper winners, (Ballyandy & Moon Racer) are amongst the 5 day entries for the novice hurdle at Perth next Thursday. Bring it on!
    Both declared...

Thanks
    I can't ever remember a more exciting NH race than this run as early as September.

Absolutely fascinating clash.

Thanks
    Very exciting and think Moon Racer will ultimately be the better hurdler, but hard to know who will come out on top today

Thanks
    I think the word I'd use is "talented" as opposed to "better" as NTD seems to eek out more resolution and longevity from his horses than the Pipes and Moon Racer has already had his problems.

Not hard to see Moon Racer being extremely good when we see him but Ballyandy turning up to all the big gigs and earning his owners plenty of prize money while not quite making it to the top of the table.

Of course I hope I'm wrong - especially with Moon Racer and it is encouraging to see him out so early.

Thanks
    Moon Racer likely has more gears but as a pipe opener who knows how fit either horse really is

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonl View Post
    I think the word I'd use is "talented" as opposed to "better" as NTD seems to eek out more resolution and longevity from his horses than the Pipes and Moon Racer has already had his problems.
    Yep,“talented" is more appropriate

Thanks
    Always thought Moon Racer was a machine. Reluctant to back him today with fitness unknown at odds on though.

Thanks
    22ND SEPTEMBER 2016 | PERTH
    No less than 8 runners at Perth today, so a briefer than usual note on each.
    2.10 - Sword Of The Lord won here yesterday, but he's a tough sort and can cope, could go close again. Jamie Bargary aboard and claims 5lbs. We run Moonday Sun in this too, seeking a hattrick under a 6lb penalty. Clearly improving, he looks the one to beat and another good run expected. Sam Twiston-Davies aboard.
    2.45 - Foxtail Hill hasn't been out since October 15 but has come on a lot since then. Could surprise on his third chase over this trip. Sam aboard.
    3.20 - Ballyandy won the champion bumper and makes his hurdles debut. A good prospect and should go very well. Sam aboard.
    3.50 - Double Court took some time to come to hand, but won last time. Up 11lbs but should be on the premises again. Jamie's 5lbs could prove valuable.
    4.25 - Flying Angel was consistent at a good level over hurdles but will improve for fences on his chasing debut. A strong chance, Sam rides.
    5.00 - Ballymalin is another who can show improvement for obstacles following a consistent bumper campaign, should also go close. Sam aboard.
    5.30 - Woodfort makes his debut in the bumper. Looks a promising sort and a good run expected, Sam in the saddle. Hopefully a good day ahead !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David has three runners; Moon Racer, Impulsive American and What A Moment. Moon Racer (pictured above) makes his much anticipated hurdles debut in the novices' contest at 3.20pm where he takes on Ballyandy, who like Moon Racer, won the Champion Bumper at the Cheltenham Festival. These are probably the two best novices' ever to run at Perth and I reckon it is going to put a few people on the door. It should be an exciting race, but hopefully Moon Racer will be able to come out on top on his way to better things.

Meanwhile Impulsive American bids to follow-up his flat success at Ayr last week in the novices' chase at 4.25pm. What an amazing horse he is, with our four year old winning three times on the flat, three times over hurdles and twice over fences since joining the stable. He looks to have Flying Angel to beat today. Towcester bumper winner What A Moment is yet to fulfill the promise of that initial success despite running with promise, but this three miles looks likely to suit. Ballymalin from the Twiston-Davies stable seems to be the one to aim at. Tom Scudamore is aboard all three of our runners on what promises to be an exciting day.
    Pluralism of Ideas and the prosperity of any land are intertwined. Freedom of minds and skill of intellect to 'think the unthinkable' is how humanity has progressed; when minds are incarcerated nothing endures.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Good race to whet the appetite for the coming months. Moonracer into 12's for the Supreme.

Thanks
    Good on connections for running them both

Thanks
    Both jumped well enough, and as the market suggested it was difficult to split them. Hard to say which will turn out to be the better horse this season.

Thanks
    Could see Moon Racer being put away until the festival.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to LUKE For This Useful Post:

Grasshopper (18th March 2017)