Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Latest Timeform Ratings

Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 794 Posts

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Diamond Geezer For This Useful Post:

Tanlic (16th January 2017)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

To remove these adverts please either login or join if you are not a member.

Thanks

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Diamond Geezer For This Useful Post:

Aughex (20th November 2017), Carl (21st November 2017), Grasshopper (24th November 2017), Grey (20th November 2017), swedish chef (20th November 2017)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Possibly a bit off topic, but I noticed Timeform have started doing timefigures over the jumps. I couldn't see much more than a cursory introductory article on their website, intimating that they will be using sectionals etc as well as overall times.

Interested in any thoughts anyone has on here? I must admit I am pretty wary of jumps timefigures myself (although I can see the appeal of sectionals). More than happy to be proved wrong...

Thanks
    Interesting. I thought they gave up on NH timefigures a number of years ago because they were by and large proving meaningless. Wonder if they've tweaked their processes. (Sounds painful that.)

I do much less in the way of speed figures over jumps but definitely at the festival meetings.

The authorities have been more forthcoming with accurate measurements in the last couple of years but situations like last Sunday's when they were omitting obstacles all over the shop at Cheltenham make a nonsense of it all.
    Two's company, three's allowed.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trackside528 View Post
    Possibly a bit off topic, but I noticed Timeform have started doing timefigures over the jumps. I couldn't see much more than a cursory introductory article on their website, intimating that they will be using sectionals etc as well as overall times.

Interested in any thoughts anyone has on here? I must admit I am pretty wary of jumps timefigures myself (although I can see the appeal of sectionals). More than happy to be proved wrong...
    Be wary of any "sectionals'' that aren't furlong by furlong times. Timeform often use 3 or 4 furlong tranches to judge pace, which is laughable considering the number of possible pace changes within that distance; in NH racing. Still not forgiven them for the conclusion that Hurricane Fly 'outstayed' stayers in the 013 CH.
    Faugheen was mightily impressive lat Sunday, but has been accorded a 169 s/f apparently based on little science other than other race times that weekend.
    HRI did promise proper sectionals would be in place this season, but have yet to materialise.
    Last edited by reet hard; 25th November 2017 at 8:27 AM.

Thanks
    Only sectionals that matter as far as I am concerned is from when the race starts in earnest ....from A to B is not as informative as B to C is IMO and don't give me that slow pace fast pace crap a good horse will adapt no matter the early pace and using time with bad horses is a no no anyway

In other words if 2 horses run on the same ground and one takes 54 seconds from the 3rd last to cross the line at Carlisle and horse y takes 56 seconds then no matter the early pace I know all things being equal which one I will back if the clash again.

The only worry is: people have been trying all these methods for the last 100 years but here we all are still trying to work out how to make that first million...
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks

Thanks
    Update post racing at Newbury. Newcastle, Fairyhouse etc last weekend

https://www.timeform.com/horse-racin...yhouse-4122017

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Diamond Geezer For This Useful Post:

Grasshopper (7th December 2017)

Thanks
    Update post Sandown, Aintree, Punchestown and Cork

https://www.timeform.com/horse-racin...eting-11122017

Thanks
    On The Blind Side (151p from 136p) May be ok from Timeform but has the handicapper got it in for Nicky Henderson or what

Usually lower than TF He hit him with a 153 That just about puts him on a par with the likes of Champion Hurdle contender Melon and 10 lbs higher than Defi was after he had won 2 Grade 1;s

Unfair prejudice ?
    Last edited by Tanlic; Yesterday at 8:09 PM.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I think you're too precious about Henderson.

OTBS has now won 2 Grade 2 hurdles with ease; giving 7lbs and a 3L beating to a 134 rated horse (ran green, won going away) in the first of those, and 5lbs and a 9L beating to a 137-rated novice (drew away, impressive) in the second.

The rating might be a little on the high-side, but the suggestion that the handicapper has it in for Henderson alone, is obviously nonsense.
    Spouting shite on here since 2006.