Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: The Two Mile Chase thread

Thanks
    Thanked 1,563 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It sure is, DG.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Grasshopper For This Useful Post:

Diamond Geezer (17th November 2015)

Thanks
    Un de Sceaux was given 169p for his Arkle, and Dodging Bullets 168 for the Champion Chase. There's likely more to come from UDS, but Sprinter's run on Sunday has been rated good enough to have beaten them both last season.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,563 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm not sure that individual race-ratings are on exactly the same scale as Chasers & Hurdlers ratings, Paul.......though they're probably not a million miles out, even if they're not.

After all the talk of Mullins domination this season, Faugheen has been turned-over (admittedly by a stablemate), and all of Vautour, Douvan and UDS now need to be pretty-impressive in their comebacks, to retain their places at the head of their respective ante-post markets. Funny old game.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    1. What makes you think Geraghty will be free to ride next time, given there's nowhere left for Mr Mole to run, other than in the same races as Sprinter Sacre?
    2. Nico de Boinville is hardly a liability on this (or any other) horse, and if I was Caroline Mould, the ride would be his until such time as he wanted to relinquish it.
    3. I'd be quite certain that UDS would have beaten the 11yo Somersby, just as comfortably as The Aeroplane did at the weekend. Will be some race when they meet.
    Mr Mole wont run in the QMCC IMO he's been there done that and was beaten a distance + with AP on his back. He stays further and imo PN will LIKELY step him up in trip soon.

You think UDS would have beaten the QMCC runner up by 14 lengths? I don'y think he's done enough yet to suggest that

Barry is available Barry rides simple as
    Formely Fist of Fury

Banned
    Thanks
    UDS can only be rated 168/170+ on what he has shown up to yet..we don't know what he is capable of but if he met SS tomorrow with SS in saturdays form..who would win i wonder..proven 175+ figure or potential improver UDS..tough one.a bit like having the points in the bag rather than games in hand at footy

i always preferred the points to the games in hand..so might sway the way of SS until i view the up and comer again

Thanks
    I think Sprinter will crack in a truly run champion race, he travelled well at Ascot last year but was done for stamina by Dodging Bullets.
    Once SS gets taken off the bridle it will be game over, imo.......

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NHughes View Post
    I think Sprinter will crack in a truly run champion race, he travelled well at Ascot last year but was done for stamina by Dodging Bullets.
    he bled from the nose after that race. a sure sign he still had physical issues. it's a reasonable expectation that he'll run much better this year unless the issues re-occur (entirely possible tbf)

Thanks
    Its difficult to predict but certainly visually the way he went on from the field at Cheltenham was reminiscent of his pomp. I really hope he can get back to somewhere near where he was.
    I'm clever enough to ask the questions i'm too stupid to answer

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by granger View Post
    What's the latest on Sire DE Grugy
    From RP

SIRE DE GRUGY, who flopped in the Haldon Gold Cup at Exeter earlier this month, has turned the corner and will defend his unbeaten record over fences at Sandown in the Tingle Creek according to trainer Gary Moore. Moore, who made his first visit to a racecourse at Ascot on Friday after a kick from one of his horses hospitalised him this month, was smiling after the impressive Krugermac bolted up in Ascot's maiden hurdle and his stable star's form has also lifted the trainer.
    Sire De Grugy, who runs in the colours of the Preston family and friends, won the Champion Chase in 2014, but suffered an interrupted campaign last season.

He won only once and has not fired on his last three outings, including when last of five - beaten 39 lengths - behind Vibrato Valtat at Exeter.
    Moore said: "He has turned a corner. The last three or four days I have just seen a different horse. He is a bit more alive in himself and I've been happy with him. He looks well on his way back, but would have to be to put that Exeter run behind him. The only good thing about that was he was still there at the second last. It was only after that he faded out."

Sire De Grugy could meet the rejuvenated Nicky Henderson pair Simonsig and Sprinter Sacre as well as Vibrato Valtat in the Tingle Creek at Sandown on December 5.
    "He is three from three there and if he doesn't run well there then we are in dead trouble," Moore added. "That will tell us as long as he goes there fit and healthy. If he doesn't run well then he has lost his mojo for the moment. but I certainly hope he still has."
    Last edited by Diamond Geezer; 20th November 2015 at 5:36 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Diamond Geezer For This Useful Post:

Grey (20th November 2015)

Thanks
    WILLIE MULLINS has revealed that he is leaning towards returning Un De Sceaux to action in the Tingle Creek Chase at Sandown a fortnight on Saturday.

The brilliant Racing Post Arkle Chase winner, who is general 6-4 favourite for this season's Betway Queen Mother Champion Chase, could meet other top-notchers at Sandown such as Sprinter Sacre, Simonsig, Vibrato Valtat and Sire De Grugy.

"Un De Sceaux has come forward really well in the past couple of weeks and we're looking at starting him off in the Tingle Creek," he wrote.

"The alternative is the Hilly Way Chase at Cork on the following day, but we're leaning towards the Tingle Creek for him."

A faller on his chasing debut at Thurles, Un De Sceaux has won his subsequent four races over fences, making all the running each time.

Aside from the Arkle at the Cheltenham Festival, he achieved his other top-level victories in the Frank Ward Solicitors Arkle Chase at Leopardstown and the Ryanair Novice Chase at Punchestown.
    surprising if it happens but it's looking an awesome race

Thanks
    Yes please.
    All comers, all grounds, all beaten!

This perfect mix of poetry and destruction.

Thanks
    Talks cheap Willie.

Thanks
    I'd love to see Un De Sceaux in the Tingle Creek. He's best at this time of year, on this type of ground so might as well make hay.
    If he runs, Sprinter won't.

Also, it would work well for Mullins to send Felix Yonger and Twinlight to the Hilly Way, like last season.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,348 Times in 804 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Sprinter Sacre may miss Tingle Creek according to Nick de Boinville in Racing Post as the race may come too soon for him.
    Lets hope he is being pessimistic.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 738 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edgt View Post
    Sprinter Sacre may miss Tingle Creek according to Nick de Boinville in Racing Post as the race may come too soon for him.
    Lets hope he is being pessimistic.
    His day is March. I see very little chance of him taking on UDS in December
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Happy to hear it personally.

I normally dislike the idea of horses avoiding each other throughout the season up until March but in this case the latent romantic in me would prefer Sprinter to continue his recovery beating up easier fields for the time being. With the big showdown between the two coming in March in what would make for a journalist's wet dream. If he gets trounced in a weeks time (for whatever reason) then the Champion Chase will all be about one horse, with a price to reflect.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Sprinter Sacre misses the Tingle Creek

We’re not going to go to the Tingle Creek with Sprinter Sacre. I talked to Caroline Mould over the weekend. He’s in really really good form but, having got him into good shape and the right place, he just doesn’t need another race at the moment and it’s as simple as that. Simonsig and Josses Hill will be in there and they are both in the Peterborough at Huntingdon as well on Sunday so we’ll see what we do.
    With Sprinter the Desert Orchid at Kempton is the likely place for him and if he needs another run before Cheltenham, fine. The Shloer was only three weeks ago and he’s come out of it really well. It would be a hard race if Un De Sceaux ran and a hard race in soft ground is not what we want on top of a really good run like that. We don’t need to run him again. We’re not going to learn anything! But he looks fantastic – he looked great coming into the race and he looks fantastic coming out of it.

Thanks
    You have to think that SS looks superb when not under pressure. However, the nature of his problem is that it only shows when he is under pressure so it looks like we'll learn very little until March.
    The older I get the better I was.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 738 Posts
    No shock

SDG is definitely showing up I think
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    I hope Simonsig makes it at Sandown.