Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glorious Goodwood

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Good man, Euro - ta.

marbler
    Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    14.35 - Massive draw race, ignore anything with a double figure berth. So Beloved(7) and Two for Two.
    I think Euro put the wrong time here, and means the 3:10.

I'd usually go with proven horses in races like the 2:35, but Sir Michael Stoute has a good chance in Convey and I think this is an improver I want to be with.

There's a few horses in the 3:10 I can't split, including Munaaser and Basem, so applying the logic that they can't all win, I'm going for something completely different at a bigger price altogether called Lincoln.

Lincoln is a smart handicapper, who has form with Speculative Bid, and I'll take my chances at 20/1.

My main worry is that fact I've not backed a Mick Channon trained winner since Queens Logic!
    Nor have I backed a winner the past three days, but I'm confident Lincoln will go close tomorrow.
    I'd like to catch him on a going day...
    Last edited by marbler; 30th July 2015 at 7:53 PM.

Thanks
    Lincoln - am fed up backing it marble, please don't give me renewed confidence ...... but the jock SDS gives me some hope as well - sod it, another score probably wasted now

marbler
    Euro will tell us how Lincoln's screwed because of the draw, but he'll be cutting through the pack like a knife through butter at the business end, Clanger, and its a score well spent mate.
    Last edited by marbler; 30th July 2015 at 10:44 PM.

Thanks
    Off to goodwood myself Friday - already put the bets on as had a nice pot in the Skybet lounge

Hopeful more than anything that at least one comes in for me lol

FIngers crossed for a dry day weather wise and a nice glass or two of bubbly!

Thanks
    Excellent Bally, good luck - would love to go myself one year.

Keep saying to myself nahhhh, 6-7 hours drive, overpriced hotels, overpriced tickets etc etc gotta be loaded, I'll watch it on TV - but folks have far worse journeys and less dosh and still make it there.

Not good for me this year, had Mount Logan and Inland Sea first day, but nowt since, bout of seconditis ... see what today brings.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    14.35 - Massive draw race, ignore anything with a double figure berth. So Beloved(7) and Two for Two(6) each way

16.55 - Fadhayyil. Best form in the race but doesn't look like she'll be favourite.
    One very happy pal after the 3:10, Euro - thanks again.

marbler
    Good call, Euro. My Channon losing run continues...even when he lands a channel 4 winner.

I'm not bothering with looking at the form for the stewards, Basil Berry is a tracker horse of mine so he'll do. He should be nearer first than last with that type of weight on his back.
    Last edited by marbler; 31st July 2015 at 5:13 PM.

Thanks
    Another winless day. Finally done my patience on Lincoln lol -same every race, midfield, plenty of room to move just not got the pace, he was more like running in butter than a knife thru it - concluded now he is a pig

Thanks
    Pity Gleneagles never ran but hey ho.

On to tomorrow, the Nassau looks a good race. A case can be made for a few here. Star Of Seville gets my vote.

Ninjago for a bit of interest in the Stewards Cup. Hopefully this race may see him to good light again.
    All comers, all grounds, all beaten!

This perfect mix of poetry and destruction.

marbler
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Clanger View Post
    Another winless day. Finally done my patience on Lincoln lol -same every race, midfield, plenty of room to move just not got the pace, he was more like running in butter than a knife thru it - concluded now he is a pig
    It was dissapointing...i've gone from having a wicked Saturday to a proper bad few days betting wise. Sorry about Lincoln.
    Last edited by marbler; 31st July 2015 at 7:02 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 875 Posts
    Richard Hughes is 3 from 5 for Brian Ellison this season, and I'd be surprised if Fox Trotter (4.55) isn't primed for his last hurrah tomorrow,
    Last edited by reet hard; 31st July 2015 at 10:13 PM.

Thanks
    Why is Diamondsandrubies twice the price of Legatissimo? No real excuses for the latter last time IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Legatissimo had a very valid excuse....she never ran fast enough

Moore was given a riding lesson by Heff who was at his brilliant best.

Cat's out of the bag now and he really shouldn't get away with it again.

I'll be backing Lady of Dubai ew again who will appreciate a strong pace if she gets one.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Star of Seville is overpriced in the Nassau. This is her trip and she's a good back to partial lay.

Heartbreak Hero is worth a go in the 4.55. Ran well last time out when she was slowly away and had to be switched at York. Owner targets this meeting aand is surely nailed on to place at least.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    One very happy pal after the 3:10, Euro - thanks again.
    No worries. Shame I didn't pull the trigger myself.

marbler
    Quote Originally Posted by marble View Post
    I'm not bothering with looking at the form for the stewards.
    I tell a lie...

GREEB is a good second string for Charles Hills to have in the Stewards Cup.
    The Oasis Dream gelding is on an upward curve and looks ahead of the handicapper. He likes to be handy which I reckon is a good thing in this race.
    Judging by the short odds he started in his limited 10-run career, someone rates him and he may give a big performance in a race like this. I've lots of time for proven and somewhat exposed horses like Tropics but a horse like Greeb is more appealing here.

Greeb E/W with a saver on Basil Berry.
    Last edited by marbler; 31st July 2015 at 11:19 PM.

Thanks
    Had a great day - no winners personally (a few nice ew returns) but hubby got the first two winners then one of our group got the reverse forecast in the fillies race and took £850 out of the satchels

I love the course and we are planning to go back next year - but book early and go to Richmond enc if we can. It did take 4hrs to get home due to signal failure on the trains!!

Attached Images Attached Images

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ballydoyle For This Useful Post:

edgt (1st August 2015), icebreaker (1st August 2015), Perpetual (1st August 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 620 Posts
    Have to say I shall massively miss watching Richard Hughes ride at Goodwood - IMO there isn't a better pilot round there.
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

Thanks
    Bookended the festival with Mount Logan and Balmoral Castle (at 12s ), pity about inbetween .... onto the Ebor