Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum Tech Issue

Thanks

Forum Tech Issue

Hi,
    Somehow, the pages on TH have become hugely magnified for me, rendering the forum virtually unusable. It happened yesterday whilst using the scroll wheel on the mouse.

Would anybody know how I can revert the system to normal default page size, please? There doesn't seem to be anything for this is "Settings".

I'ld be most grateful.
    Bitcoin: 1GyyygZmobehztUmHLdLWVKLqnfyJC5wzi

Litecoin: LL12qc8Fid3kt4QzkvFQ6SadSuxxZEi5Nh

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Try using cntrl and the minus sign repeatedly, cntr and plus sign will magnify up again

Thanks
    That worked ! Sorted !

Many thanks, D.G.
    Bitcoin: 1GyyygZmobehztUmHLdLWVKLqnfyJC5wzi

Litecoin: LL12qc8Fid3kt4QzkvFQ6SadSuxxZEi5Nh

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    Anyone else having log in issues this morning?

Using chrome and firefox

Attached Images Attached Images
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Same for me using Chrome. A Google issue by the look of it.
    The older I get the better I was.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Me too, Col is aware

I'm using IE at moment

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    Possibly some of the dodgy tips on here have led to this
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,180 Posts
    I cannot look at my emails in my yahoo account,i get to emails click on them red warning page comes up saying warning talking horses something about phishing sites,was doing it last night and still today crazy can't get to look at my email...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,180 Posts
    Having no problem logging in here,just can't look at my yahoo email account..

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    I'm getting the same 'unsafe site' shite.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    If anyone's still having problems try clearing cache, it should be ok now

Thanks
    How do we 'clear our cache'?

Thanks
    Same issue here. Can get in through Firefox (if I tell it to ignore warnings) but Safari isn't having it. I have removed cookies but am reluctant to remove cache in case I lose saved passwords. What's causing this?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Using Safari here and having no problems.
    Ah! but a man's reach should exceed his grasp......

Thanks
    Managed to clear my cache and restarted the laptop. Had to log in again but the problems persists. Also, the entire layout of the site is now different (and I can't say I like it).

Thanks
    Cleared cache, rebooted, ran Norton Utlities and Malwarebytes: still getting the Deceptive Site, Get me outta here, This isn't a deceptive site stuff

Considering my ventures into the nether regions of the dark web, all of whom seem to have welcomed me with open arms, it does seem strange that this innocuous site has the big red enter at your peril warning

I blame Grasshopper's disgraceful language; he really should know his cu*nts from his fu*cks: a wonderful world awaits on the dark'n'puce side GH

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    ok, this is a false positive from google, and unfortunately, if google decides theres something wrong, then a lot of others follow suit

For anyone with concerns, I can guarantee 100% there are no problems with the site, and heres a copy of the virus scan to show its clean.

root@uk-ne-cpn-01 [/home/talkingh/public_html]# maldet --scan-all/home/talkingh/public_html/
    Linux Malware Detect v1.6.2
    (C) 2002-2017, R-fx Networks proj@rfxn.com
    (C) 2017, Ryan MacDonald ryan@rfxn.com
    This program may be freely redistributed under the terms of the GNU GPL v2
    maldet(1430): {scan} signatures loaded: 15218 (12485 MD5 | 1954 HEX | 779YARA | 0 USER)
    maldet(1430): {scan} building file list for /home/talkingh/public_html/, thismight take awhile...
    maldet(1430): {scan} setting nice scheduler priorities for all operations:cpunice 19 , ionice 6
    maldet(1430): {scan} file list completed in 1s, found 5421 files...
    maldet(1430): {scan} found clamav binary at/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/clamdscan, using clamav scanner engine...
    maldet(1430): {scan} scan of /home/talkingh/public_html/ (5421 files) inprogress...
    maldet(1430): {scan} scan completed on /home/talkingh/public_html/: files5421, malware hits 0, cleaned hits 0, time 46s
    maldet(1430): {scan} scan report saved, to view run: maldet --report170922-2313.1430
    I have also double checked manually about 10 main pages, and none have been updated since April this year (meaning no hack has taken place recently) and I also asked the hosting company to check this too in case I and the virus scan missed anything, to which I got this reply

Hi Colin,

This warning tells you that someone has reported your website as a 'phishing' site. I have taken a manual look at activity.php and there is nothing there that would cause this.

I have contacted Google and let them know that the site is not a bad siteand requested a de-list. Just incase they do come back to me, have you recentlycleaned anything up or restored a backup?

After sending this reply to you I will be looking at the email logs to makesure your site is not the one that keeps getting the server blacklisted. If itis, you will need to inspect your code etc.

Regards.
    So I am 100% confident that there is nothing on the site to be worried about. Sometimes adverts can cause false positives, but I disabled them yesterday morning and if it was them causing it then it should have stopped the warnings instantly, but even then it was unlikely, I don't think Bet365 or Skybet would have malicious code in their adverts.

If I could ask everyone to report the warning as a false positive whenever you hit the screen, presumably the more reports they get the faster it will be looked at.

DO, nothing should have changed in regards to the layout, can you post a screenshot so I can see what you are seeing please? Clearing the cache would do that IF I had recently updated the software or something, but not when it was 3 years ago!

Anyone getting 'page cannot be displayed' errors either add this site to your anti virus exceptions list, or pause your AV while you are on here. Avast for example is using the google list so will refuse to let you on.

I use 3 PC's, and 1 phone. The phone and 1 PC let me on with no warnings, 2 don't let me on. All 3 PC's are using the exact same configurations, and I use chrome on my phone, which also lets me through with no warnings, so it is a tad confusing as to whats going on. Unfortunately, I think we are going to have to wait until the reports are looked at by google to be able to do anything
    Last edited by dvds2000; 23rd September 2017 at 11:05 AM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dvds2000 For This Useful Post:

Dave G (24th September 2017), granger (23rd September 2017)

Thanks
    Can't see any facility for uploading a screenshot.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Col, this may have feck all to do with anything but I remember gigolo saying he was getting timed- out, I don't know if you altered anything in response but since about then I notice that my recently read posts are still showing as unread for a couple of hours e.g. My post on the 2-y-o thread, made about 7.30, is still showing as unread.

As I said probably unrelated by just letting you know.
    Ah! but a man's reach should exceed his grasp......

Thanks
    Just clicked on 'Full Site' at the bottom of the screen. Looks back to normal.