Page 1 of 16 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Novice Hurdlers 2014/15

Thanks

Novice Hurdlers 2014/15

We've got the Novice Chasers thread and Bachelors Halls great Juvenile one, so thought we should have one for the Novice Hurdlers after watching a few smart ones yesterday at Exeter.

in the 2m5f opener both the first two look about average. Vago Collonges traveled really well, made a mess of 2 or 3 out and stayed on well to the line. Sure to improve after a year off, particularly as Nicholls's appear to need the run. Thomas Brown got messed around a little at about half way and had to make much of the running. Looks a real stayer in the making

I think the 2m1f was one of the best novice events so far this season, with the front three all looking decent, particularly the winner
    Hello George in 3rd did nothing wrong being beaten a few lengths conceding 6lbs. Would have been closer as well if not blundering 2 or 3 out, but had experience on his side
    Kings Tempest in 2nd looks a proper horse (on tv anyway) led for most of the way and looks certain to step up in trip
    The winner Jollyallan is the one I'm most excited about. Bought by JP (for £250k supposedly) after winning a bumper at Wincnaton, he did well to finish 6th in the Champion Bumper at Punchestown. Yesterday he travelled lovely, made a bit of mess of the last, ran really green but still managed to pick up and pull away at the end. I think he could go to the top

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    He wont pull up trees as a hurdler, but De Brom's A sizing network will be some tool when he goes chasing next season
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    What happened to Thomas Hobson?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleanora Duse View Post
    What happened to Thomas Hobson?
    Owned by Ricci and with Mullins (of course). According to the Mark Howard book he was purchased last year, gelded straight away and the plan was always to wait until this season. No entries yet

Thanks
    Rock the Kasbah runs at Fontwell this afternoon. Step up to 2.5m sure to suit and could be very good, but not getting involved at odds on as some horses just don't get on with Fontwell

The only other one to catch my eye over the weekend is Gaitway in the first tomorrow at Wincanton. Has been entered up all over the place for the last few weeks and looks a decent opportunity, but again, not a punting one

Thanks
    Thanks Perpetual

Thanks
    Free Expression makes his debut at Naas tomorrow. Elliott raved about this one at the open day, and two of his staff said later that they think this is the best horse they've ever had in the yard.

Thanks
    Gaitway is one I'm very much looking forward to seeing tomorrow. The way he dealt with a Nick Williams horse I like in a bumper last season was impressive.
    By all accounts one that Geraghty rates too.
    All comers, all grounds, all beaten!

This perfect mix of poetry and destruction.

Thanks
    I'm looking forward to Urubu d'Irlande in the same race. I had good word for him before the season last year but he met with a setback and only reappeared in a Bumper in May. Today probably won't be his day. Paul Nicholls horses all like they need the run, and I suspect he'll be better when stepped up to two and a half anyway. Gaitway should win this comfortably, but I'd hope UI shows promise for later in the season.

Thanks
    A good race with Gaitway looking the likeliest winner & unsurprisingly traded for plenty at 1.01 on Betfair. Two very decent novices I think
    Last edited by Perpetual; 8th November 2014 at 2:07 PM.

Thanks
    Free Expression looked top notch in the race just gone at Naas. Despite it being a two miler, they still didn't seem to be going quickly enough for him and he jumped a few of them bigger than desired but he still won as easy as you like. From the family of Function Dream and Captain Chris, his destiny lies over fences. Nevertheless, it wouldn't be a surprise to see him go far in novice hurdles over the intermediate distances.

Thanks
    Shaneshill, Allez Colleberies, free expression, no more heroes entered in Royal Bond
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Killultagh Vic makes his debut over hurdles tomorrow at Clonmel in what looks on paper a weak enough maiden.

Thanks
    November H'cap winner Open Eagle has joined Willie Mullins for a hurdling campaign. He'll run for Supreme Racing.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to chroniclandlord For This Useful Post:

edgt (13th November 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries
    What a nice horse for an up and coming trainer to get to while away the long winter nights.

Thanks
    Three good maiden winners in Ireland today. Sempre Medici and Black Hercules for Mullins at Cork and No More Heroes for Elliott at Punchestown. The Elliott horse was the most impressive for me, he was much slicker over the hurdles than either of the Clonsutton pair.

Thanks
    Sempre Medici was untidy at least 3 times.On today's evidence he is a disaster waiting to happen but he is with the right man to improve a horse out of all recognition.
    Last edited by LUKE; 16th November 2014 at 9:23 PM.

Thanks
    Would agree CL. Looked to have a bit about him. Could have won by any distance.

BH will need further and SM must learn to jump

Thanks
    Miles To Memphis, a horse who I'm really keen on and have invested in @ 33s for the Supreme, runs in the last at Leicester today.

Also, anybody know what the plans are for Mullins' Max Dynamite ? Comfortably beaten in the top French flat races over a year ago he was bought by Ricci for a fairly considerable amount of money and seems to have a at least as good a profile as Aalez Colombieres.

Both entered in the Royal Bond but while AC tops the Supreme lists, Max Dynamite isn't quoted in anything.

The trainer gave a decent, albeit brief report in the stable tour but mentions no plans so he could be bumper bound but the Royal Bond entry leads me to think 2 mile novice hurdle route.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by granger View Post
    Shaneshill, Allez Colleberies, free expression, no more heroes entered in Royal Bond
    Shaneshill make his hurdling debut in the 1:35 Fairyhouse tomorrow.
    Did you take a close look at No more Heroes debut on Sunday?