Thread: Cheltenham Racecourse Redevelopment

Thanks

Cheltenham Racecourse Redevelopment

With the course in transition this season, what was viewing, facilities etc like at the weekend and what will it be like in the big meetings and festival?

will it be ok or a mess?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I ended-up not going to Showcase on Friday, but will be happy to give an update after the Open Meeting.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Cheers, I've not renewed my membership for two years and will hopefully do it next season before I have to re register. Last year was work commitments but this season I have a feeling the course will have a make do with the hassle attitude.
    Last edited by harry; 20th October 2014 at 10:36 AM.

Thanks
    It was OK Saturday, but I was in one of the bars that Members can use on certain racedays.
    Reckon it will be a bit of a pain for the Paddy Power and the Festival though.

Thanks
    I went Friday and our tatts seats were much busier than usual for this meeting. I agree the Paddy Power could be uncomfortable, but think they're putting in significant temporary stands for the Festival, so hopefully it won’t be too bad

Thanks

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    Went both days. There is plenty of space to move around in though much viewing space around the paddock lost due to all space from horsewalk to wheelchair viewing area being taken up with bookies's stands, but hopefully this may have changed for the next meeting. Much space around the horsewalk near the paddock lost too due to the building of the bridge over the horsewalk and installing of gravel and gardens under bridge. If you want to watch your horse go out to the track you will either have to cram up close to the paddock or walk further down towards the course.

It will be interesting to see how the horses deal with a windy day as the new bridge - which admittedly does look quite good - will become a wind tunnel when the wind comes from the east or southeast. Great view across the course from there though and it will be spectacular once the "flyover" is built.

Of course, things may have changed again in the month between meetings, but I suspect it will be a bit of a crush in certain areas. Advise wear comfy shoes or boots as there will probably be a lot of walking needed to get a good viewing point, but plenty of big screens may make things a bit easier.
    ... unicorns are busiest at three o'clock in the morning.

[COLOR=blue][I]"It is one of life's tragedies that men become what they oppose."[/I] Dr A Guirdham

[/COLOR][COLOR=#b22222][I]"My glass always tends to be not just half-empty, but cracked with my ale seeping off the table and into my shoes..."[/I] Lydia Hislop[/COLOR]