Page 64 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1454596061626364656667686974 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1896

Thread: The Pointing Thread

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Great stuff, Stamp.
    Ah! but a man's reach should exceed his grasp......

Thanks
    Off to Berkeley at Woodford tomorrow Martin.

Would be grateful for any tips/info/thoughts if you get chance!

Thanks
    Hi Martin (and all). I'm new to the forum myself. Congrats on the winners lately, you're clearly an expert with these hunter chases. I was taking a look at todays race at Punchestown. I'm eager to take on the fav as he ran at both Chelt and Aintree and may need a rest at this stage.

Salsify is an old favourite of mine and will at least be fresh, but I'm not sure if he has what it takes to beat some of these but I like his odds at 20/1. I'm caught between him and Aupcharlie for an EW selection. He ran a good race at Chelt before the hill found him out, perhaps Punchestown will suit him better.

Have you any opinion on the race yourself?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,355 Times in 806 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hoping for Salsify also.
    he was not himself at Cork Easter so skipped Aintree but hopefully back near his best today.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to edgt For This Useful Post:

MoscowFlyerisMagnificent (29th April 2016)

Thanks
    Wouldn't put you off Aupcharlie e/w, hoping to see better from Salsify too and IMHO Dineur is a big price too.

Martin
    Hurricane Fly - whatever he runs in he wins

Twitter: @Quevega

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Stamp For This Useful Post:

MoscowFlyerisMagnificent (29th April 2016)

Thanks
    Thanks btw MFIM and Benny will look over the card later on and post.

Martin

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Stamp View Post
    No worries guys - glad you were on.

The overpriced tomorrow - Stoleaway (should be fav), Rocky Island (poor run when PU last weekend, forgive that though and he's a big runner), Talkin Thomas (jockey not the best mind).

Underpriced - Cooladerry King (woefully underpriced for out of form yard and the horse has physical issues and stamina problems), Croan Rock (class problems), Happy Ring House (trained from Gary Hanmer's FWIW), Holywell Ryde, Kiestown Chief.

The other two are about right (Puyol & Master Sunrise).

Trying to lay CK at the moment and would take the 4/1 about Stoleaway who's a young improver from a top yard, I made it 5/2 favourite.

Martin
    And Stoleaway duly obliges. Can't thank you enough for the winners over the past few days. Truly remarkable tipping. Top Man

Thanks
    Genuis!!!
    Pluralism of Ideas and the prosperity of any land are intertwined. Freedom of minds and skill of intellect to 'think the unthinkable' is how humanity has progressed; when minds are incarcerated nothing endures.

Thanks
    Cracking stuff Martin

Thanks
    Woodford for Benny

Race 1 - 2m4f Maiden with a Lacy newcomer & a Barber newcomer. Paddock work probably needed and one of those will likely win, apologies that's not exactly blinding insight and if pushed I'd side with Coastal Tiep having heard plenty of positive thoughts regarding his relatively young sire.

Race 2 - Sivola De Sivola finished third beaten 2l by a subsequent winner in a Confined at Brafield last month. Ben Brackenbury wouldn't be the best jockey but the horse ran well there and had plenty of ability on his day. At a likely much bigger price Billie Magern has his first start for Alan Hill here having been with Phil York, Gareth Henderson is another who isn't the best but the yard have done well with a similar type in Hunters Lodge (also ex-York) and won a prestigious race in the South East earlier in the season so possible they could repeat that here.

Race 3 - Brice Canyon is an unlikely runner I think. Another likely to be dominated by Barber horses but if Lisnagar Star repeats his run from Chaddesley Corbett in December he should go well, there's more letters than numbers in his form but that was a solid effort prior to coming down in a race won by Big Georgie in a bog.

Race 4 - Blazing Whale is the best horse and is likely to have the best jockey up. Plenty of riders I've not heard of who are likely having their first rides in this. I know nothing of Miss Abbie Hughes who's due to ride Ned The Post other than to say she's been narrowly beaten on this fellow before and he's a clear second best in this race, if betting with BW turning up I'd be on NTP e/w, if BW doesn't run then Ned will be odds-on.

Race 5 - Very hot Ladies race, Awesome George is the likely favourite given he's unbeaten in three outings under Lara Mahon this season. He'll be hard to beat here but I was impressed with the run of Jane Williams' horse Hazel Hill who won well at Tabley when I was there on Sunday. The trainer (Jane's Mum) said they didn't mind running him on decent ground and he's gone well so far on softer surfaces, their other entry What A Bluff was very promising a couple of years ago but I'd be surprised if he lined up here.

Race 6 - I've been very very impressed by Blackmill thus far but this represents a marked step up in grade and he's probably worth keeping an eye on for the future in here. Sacre Toi is my idea of the winner, he was still running well in France as recently as December when third in a chase at Pau and won four times on the spin earlier that year. Sacre Toi was always handy prior to winning at Cotley and has a useful pilot in James King up and while he has a 7lb penalty for the Rules wins a lot of the others do too.

Race 7 - Coastal Tiep for me having heard plenty of good things about the sire.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irish Stamp For This Useful Post:

Beef or Salmon (29th April 2016), BennyB (30th April 2016)

Thanks
    Thanks so much Martin, really appreciated.

Thanks
    Sacre Toi opened 3/1 in the open - got smashed (partly by me). Chapoturgeon put in odds on fav. Just waiting for the race

Thanks
    Had a good day out on Saturday, though it rained on and off, and a toddler meltdown forced our exit before the 3m maiden race.

Betting-wise a mixed bag. £60 win at 5/4 on the Lacey newcomer in the 2m4f maiden was a good start as he beat the Barber runner in a tight finish, and £60 win at 6/4 on the Barber horse in the restricted was another welcome winner.

Sivola de Sivola ran well and almost hit the frame, beaten in a bunch finish for 3rd.

Sacre Toi looked to be cruising most of the way but so did the leader Chapoturgeon, and ST was tapped for toe in the last half mile. From our vantage point it looked like he rallied for 2nd. Didn't hear about the sad demise of the winner until I got home and read it on here.

Any bets in today's hunter chases Martin?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyB View Post
    Had a good day out on Saturday, though it rained on and off, and a toddler meltdown forced our exit before the 3m maiden race.

Betting-wise a mixed bag. £60 win at 5/4 on the Lacey newcomer in the 2m4f maiden was a good start as he beat the Barber runner in a tight finish, and £60 win at 6/4 on the Barber horse in the restricted was another welcome winner.

Sivola de Sivola ran well and almost hit the frame, beaten in a bunch finish for 3rd.

Sacre Toi looked to be cruising most of the way but so did the leader Chapoturgeon, and ST was tapped for toe in the last half mile. From our vantage point it looked like he rallied for 2nd. Didn't hear about the sad demise of the winner until I got home and read it on here.

Any bets in today's hunter chases Martin?
    I've backed In Fairness as it is The Turner Family Trophy - presuming it is related to the trainer of the same name?
    Pluralism of Ideas and the prosperity of any land are intertwined. Freedom of minds and skill of intellect to 'think the unthinkable' is how humanity has progressed; when minds are incarcerated nothing endures.

Thanks
    That's the one SC - apologies I wasn't around to give my thoughts yesterday, we'd have won at Fakenham but lost at Exeter FWIW.

Made Decade Player favourite for the race at Wetherby later - hails from a good yard with a very decent jockey up and is a genuine 2-2m4f horse in this.

Martin

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Irish Stamp For This Useful Post:

archie (4th May 2016), Beef or Salmon (4th May 2016), BennyB (4th May 2016), moehat (4th May 2016), MoscowFlyerisMagnificent (4th May 2016)

Thanks
    Coastal Tiep one of two horses last weekend to run twice in a day Benny - brought down early on in the 2m4f Maiden he came out later on the card to take the Open Maiden event.

The other was Cygnet who walked over in a Hunt Members and came out to finish runner-up in an Open.

Martin

Thanks

Made Decade Player favourite for the race at Wetherby later - hails from a good yard with a very decent jockey up and is a genuine 2-2m4f horse in this.

Martin
    Thanks, I.S.

Bitcoin: 1GyyygZmobehztUmHLdLWVKLqnfyJC5wzi

Litecoin: LL12qc8Fid3kt4QzkvFQ6SadSuxxZEi5Nh

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    That's the one SC - apologies I wasn't around to give my thoughts yesterday, we'd have won at Fakenham but lost at Exeter FWIW.

Martin
    wow, just wow.

Thanks
    Incredible scenes

Thanks
    Sensational!!!!! Best thread on the internet, bar none.