Page 912 of 912 FirstFirst ... 412812862902907908909910911912
Results 18,221 to 18,231 of 18231

Thread: What are you backing Today?

  1. #18221
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2,111
    Thanks
    275
    Thanked 153 Times in 145 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    I'll try my luck on AW tomorrow in 3:25 with Swashbuckle. I don't know why Andrew Balding keeps selling the well handicapped horses in his yard, but Swashbuckle is one of them, now with Donald McCain. He can take the honours here.

    He arrives in good form over hurdles, and I don't think he's there tomorrow to make up numbers. A competitive contest nevertheless, even with the small field, but Swashbuckle looks the one. I haven't seen prices but anything over 4/1 should be taken.
    Last edited by Marble; 12th February 2018 at 9:06 PM.

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

    To remove these adverts please either login or join if you are not a member.


     

  3. #18222
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2,111
    Thanks
    275
    Thanked 153 Times in 145 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    9/1 early show looks a hell of a good price.
    Last edited by Marble; 12th February 2018 at 9:07 PM.

  4. #18223
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2,111
    Thanks
    275
    Thanked 153 Times in 145 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    The Rooney owned and John Quinn trained, Master Of Irony in the handicap hurdle at Ascot Saturday, is appealing. This beat a good yardstick and tracker horse of mine called Keep In Line in December. I believe Master Of Irony is on-the-up in the handicap ranks, progressing well, on a nice mark, so has as good a chance as any of them, if not the best chance of all!

    Three firms have priced the race up, including Hills, who go 8/1. While he's clearly not a double digit price, he is not a double digit chance either. Master Of Irony could go off a lot shorter if he gets there in one piece on the day. I'm looking to have more than my usual two pound each way on this one. I'll nibble away throughout the week.
    Betfair and Powers go 20's, the plot thickens....

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Marble For This Useful Post:

    Outsider (13th February 2018)

  6. #18224
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2,111
    Thanks
    275
    Thanked 153 Times in 145 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    I'll try my luck on AW tomorrow in 3:25 with Swashbuckle. I don't know why Andrew Balding keeps selling the well handicapped horses in his yard, but Swashbuckle is one of them, now with Donald McCain. He can take the honours here.

    He arrives in good form over hurdles, and I don't think he's there tomorrow to make up numbers. A competitive contest nevertheless, even with the small field, but Swashbuckle looks the one. I haven't seen prices but anything over 4/1 should be taken.
    7 runners now and Swashbuckle out to 20/1. Im not expecting much based on the market negativity.
    Last edited by Marble; 13th February 2018 at 2:19 PM.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Marble For This Useful Post:

    Outsider (13th February 2018)

  8. #18225
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,848
    Thanks
    196
    Thanked 36 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simpson Jersey View Post
    Fancy a couple of top weights running from their lowest marks for donkeys years at Wolverhampton tomorrow night.
    7.10 Emjayem-This is a pretty diabolical race, the likely favourite and lto winner Barnsdale gave its jockey her 1st victory on her 24th attempt on this horse and 41st ride in all in a C7 at Kempton, the 1st time the horse has started under 20/1 in 30 races, which shows the calibre of horses engaged in this race! Emjayem is having its 1st run for Patrick Charmings tmr having been a stablemate of Barnsdale last year for Mr Holt. Had previously been with Ed McMahon where he last ran from 72 in a c5 here btn 4 1/2 lengths by Captain Lars in a 0-75 race, had been btn a hd at Goodwood in a C4 a few runs before, and won 4 races in all for McMahon. If Charmings has got him anywhere near back to form should have a great chance here, decently drawn in 5, a lot of the more favoured horses are drawn out wide, has already found support from 12/1>9/1 and less, hope it's stable money.

    8.40 Idol Deputy this old boy looked to be coming back into form lto finishing strongly into 4th over C/D after a while out of form, was ridden by Katherine Glenister for the 1st time lto and seemed to give the old boy to much ground to make up, she should be more clued up this time, usual jockey Raquel Kneller had a bad fall on the gallops or would have ridden him. Has a great record in February with something like 4 wins from 6 runs since 2011, was 16/1 early doors generally 12/1 now and looks a very decent EW bet to me, good luck anyone who follows.
    NR and a place; thanks SJ.

  9. #18226
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,135
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 120 Times in 102 Posts
    Completely blew out, Saturday.

    Poetic Imagination (3.20) was bought out of John Gosden's stable fpr 48,000 guineas, and Archie Watson has an excellent record with such acquisitions - particularly on their 2nd run. Thought enough of to run in a 0-105 h/cap last Saturday - though eventually taken out with Vet's certificate - he ought to be well up to taking this 4 rnr 0-80.
    5/2 generally at the mo, though does appear to be shortening.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to reet hard For This Useful Post:

    BennyB (15th February 2018)

  11. #18227
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    226
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reet hard View Post
    Completely blew out, Saturday.

    Poetic Imagination (3.20) was bought out of John Gosden's stable fpr 48,000 guineas, and Archie Watson has an excellent record with such acquisitions - particularly on their 2nd run. Thought enough of to run in a 0-105 h/cap last Saturday - though eventually taken out with Vet's certificate - he ought to be well up to taking this 4 rnr 0-80.
    5/2 generally at the mo, though does appear to be shortening.
    Good shooting reet - didn't see the forum till now but had backed it with decent money

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Clanger For This Useful Post:

    reet hard (15th February 2018)

  13. #18228
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,135
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 120 Times in 102 Posts
    cheers, TC, needed it myself.

  14. #18229
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2,111
    Thanks
    275
    Thanked 153 Times in 145 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    I fancy two at Sandown tomorrow.

    The first one (1:20) must have cost Paul Nicholls connections a few bob back in the day, after winning a 25k pot in 2013 at Auteuil, with Art Mauresque back in second. VICENZO MIO hasn't set the world alight since leaving France, but has bits and pieces of decent form in England. He's now with Chris Gordon. He's on a low mark now, to exploit in a handicap hurdle, (utter understatement!) He's run on heavy ground plenty of times, so should act on it.

    12/1 win and place

    4:05 Warren Greatrex's ALOOMOMO probably paid the price in the handicap for winning three chases on the bounce in 2015. His form tailed off after a decent 6th at The Festival. He's just turned 8 years of age; looks the class horse in the race. He's been dropped to a mark in the high 120's so he'll go close.

    10/1 win and place
    Last edited by Marble; 15th February 2018 at 11:16 PM.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Marble For This Useful Post:

    Danny (Yesterday)

  16. #18230
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2,111
    Thanks
    275
    Thanked 153 Times in 145 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    I fancy two at Sandown tomorrow.

    The first one (1:20) must have cost Paul Nicholls connections a few bob back in the day, after winning a 25k pot in 2013 at Auteuil, with Art Mauresque back in second. VICENZO MIO hasn't set the world alight since leaving France, but has bits and pieces of decent form in England. He's now with Chris Gordon. He's on a low mark now, to exploit in a handicap hurdle, (utter understatement!) He's run on heavy ground plenty of times, so should act on it.

    12/1 win and place

    4:05 Warren Greatrex's ALOOMOMO probably paid the price in the handicap for winning three chases on the bounce in 2015. His form tailed off after a decent 6th at The Festival. He's just turned 8 years of age; looks the class horse in the race. He's been dropped to a mark in the high 120's so he'll go close.

    10/1 win and place
    Vizenzo ran ok in fourth, hopefully Aloomomo does better.

  17. #18231
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,135
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 120 Times in 102 Posts
    Summer Icon (7.15K) beat better horses than these latest in a steadily run 7f race (though both were 6f winners, and neither slow).
    With the dead 8 competing, looks good EW at the general 8/1.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to reet hard For This Useful Post:

    Danny (Yesterday)

Similar Threads

  1. If You're Backing Australia For Guineas
    By NHughes in forum General Racing Topics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21st March 2014, 11:48 PM
  2. Football bets - What are you backing today
    By dvds2000 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 2nd March 2014, 11:09 PM
  3. What are you backing today?
    By harry in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 2nd June 2013, 7:31 PM
  4. backing outsiders
    By paanti in forum General Racing Topics
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 23rd June 2012, 4:40 PM
  5. I'm trying to understand Betfair backing
    By montyracing2 in forum General Racing Topics
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 2nd February 2009, 12:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •