Page 791 of 1090 FirstFirst ... 291691741781786787788789790791792793794795796801841891 ... LastLast
Results 15,801 to 15,820 of 21797

Thread: What are you backing Today?

Thanks
    My first post on here, hopefully first of many as I hope to contribute a little bit more as my knowledge gets better.

Only been watching racing for the last year or two, Annie Powers fall at the last fence a couple of years ago cost me a lot of money but really captured my imagination, I've been a fan since. My knowledge is still pretty limited because of the lack of time I have to study. Reading this forum has helped a lot the last few weeks though.

Also like to say thanks to 'Place Backer' backed a few of your picks a couple of days ago and won just short of £200. Fair bit of money for me, I only chuck £5 on or do the odd lucky 15.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Double J For This Useful Post:

fonz (27th November 2016), PlaceBacker (26th November 2016)

Thanks
    Yesterday finished in profit when Solomn Grundy won at Newbury. Duke Orcadio was only beaten in the last 50 yards at Doncaster.

Today's Selections:

1.10 - Newcastle - Doubledisdoubledat. 2 pts win. Available at 6/1.
    Some of these are on marks from which they have proven they get competitive and others have their best days still ahead of them. Although, as a nine year old, Doubledisdoubledat's time is running out he is still lightly raced. He was only seen once between April 2014 and his reappearance in February of this year. He hasn't troubled the judge in four subsequent outings but his last three starts have been encouraging and they have seen him slowly working his way back to form. He went well for a long way on his first start for seven months over three miles at Wetherby earlier this month and, both that run and the drop back to 20 furlongs, should see him produce better this afternoon. The balance of his Chase form suggests a mark of 102 is perfectly feasible and a win over 21 furlongs at Carlisle shows a stiff track will not faze him. He represents a yard who place their Chasers well, as a very profitable 17% strike rate with them in handicaps testifies. They have had two winners from their last five runners, send just the one to the races today and have a good seven pound claimer in the plate.

1.30 - Newbury:
    In The Rough. 1.5 pts win. Available at 8/1.
    O Maonlai. 0.5 pts e/w. Available at 22/1.
    In The Rough sports the colours of Sir Peter O'Sullevan and there's little doubt that his owner, J.P. McManus, would love to win the race named in memory of his friend. Sentimentality aside, there is plenty to like about the horse. He has progressed with each run in his five attempts over fences and he travelled like the best horse at the weights when finishing third over 26 furlongs at Carlisle last month. His eventual defeat looked more to do with the two in front of him staying the trip on a stiff track better than him and the drop back to an extended 22 furlongs here looks a good move. The drying conditions are in his favour and there have been tentative signs that the stable are in better order now. In The Rough is still six pounds below his hurdles mark and, on breeding alone, he can be expected to make a better Chaser. O Maonlai was second in this race last year from a three pound higher mark and, although no match for the winner, he had some solid yardsticks well beaten off. That came on his reappearance and he has a history of performing well fresh so that may be the best time to catch him. He failed to repeat the effort in three subsequent races, failing to get round twice. However one of his non-completions came when making plenty of mistakes in heavy ground at Haydock, a race which came just three weeks after his effort here, and the other came at Aintree, a speedy track which always had him on the back foot. In between he ran better than his final finishing position suggests in a handicap at the Cheltenham Festival where a mistake at the first always had him trying to play catch-up. His two best perfomances have come on this track and, if a return brings about a form revival, then he will outrun his current market price.

2.30 - Doncaster - Cornborough. 2.5 pts win. Available at 9/2.
    Our Thomas, Sleep Easy and Mystic Sky all have the potential to do better but slight preference is for Cornborough. After winning his first two starts in handicap company over hurdles in May/June he was disappointing in two better races in July/August. Given a three month break he was back to the level of his winning form when finishing third at Wetherby two weeks ago. He caught the eye putting in some good late work and the extra half furlong here is in his favour. He runs from the same mark so there is no reason he can't be competitive, even in this slightly better race. The yard are in good form and send just the one to the races today.

3.10 - Newbury:
    Blaklion. 1.5 pts win. Available at 10/1.
    Henri Parry Morgan. 1.5 pts win. Available at 11/1.
    The ultra-competitive Hennessy Gold Cup and, for some, one of the highlights of the NH season. Native River heads the market, and he could be a difficult horse to pass if he gets into a rhythm, but there are plenty in here who also like to lead and there will be pressure on the pace. If that leads to him making mistakes, which is not unknown, then he could prove vulnerable. There are a host of perfectly viable alternatives but most have been well found in the markets. Two that still appeal at their current prices are Blaklion and Henri Parry Morgan. Blaklion is a second season Chaser who proved progressive in his first season, culminating in victory in RSA at the Cheltenham Festival. His final start saw him finish almost seven lengths behind Native River at Aintree and he is only one pound better off this afternoon but his return at Wetherby last month, where he finished fourth, suggests he has Summered well and he could improve again in this campaign. This is his first foray into handicap company and a mark of 154 looks very reasonable. He goes on any ground, stays well and his last four victories have come under today's jockey. Since making his debut over fences, Henri Parry Morgan has form figures of 112 in races he has completed. Unfortunately he has got rid of his jockey in two of his six starts over fences, one of those being here last December. When he does get round he has produced some high class form and that includes coming second to Native River in the aforementioned Aintree race, in front of Blaklion. He is five pounds better off with the winner for a three length beating and this race may be run to suit. He goes on any ground and, although he has not had a prep race (8 year olds are 0 from 22 on seasonal reappearance in this race), he has had two racecourse gallops.

3.45 - Newbury - Mr Mole. 0.5 pts e/w. Available at 25/1.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ricko For This Useful Post:

Colin Phillips (26th November 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PlaceBacker View Post
    My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

12.05 Newcastle-Dubai Angel @ 13-8 [Skybet]
    1.05 Bangor-Derrintogher Bliss @ 5-2 [Boylesports]
    1.10 Newcastle-Doubledisdoubledat @ 7-1 [Bet Bright]
    1.40 Bangor-Moorstown @ 3-1 [Bet 365]
    2.20 Newcastle-Dan Emmett @ 15-2 [Bet 365]
    2.30 Doncaster-Cornborough @ 5-1 [Bet 365]
    2.50 Bangor-Nordic Nymph @ 9-4 [Bet 365]
    2.55 Newcastle-Apple's Jade @ 9-4 [Coral]
    Loss of 0.75pt......plus 4 seconds!
    "The wise man is one who knows what he does not know"

Thanks

1.35 Leicester-Like A Diamond @ 4-1 [Paddy Power]
    2.05 Leicester-One Forty Seven @ 5-2 [Bet 365]

Thanks

What are you backing Today?

I think Brelade in the 1st at Navan is quite interesting and possibly overpriced at 12/1. On his bumper form he is bang there with Meade's decent novice Moulin A Vent, twice in fact. The first time when 4th in the Goffs Land Rover Champion Bumper just 7L shy of Jenkins & a neck behind MAV. The 8th in that race, Hardline, has gone on to win since and holds a G1 Royal Bond Entry next Weekend.

He finished 2nd to Moulin A Vent again at Galway in October, again by the minimum distance and pulling miles clear of 3rd before going on to win his last bumper start giving weight to a De Bromhead Giggi horse.

Moulin a Vent has advertised those form lines well since. He was a very close second to Monbeg Notorious on hurdling debut and he lines up in a G3 today before winning his maiden. That maiden had the Mullins hype horse Senewalk finish 6th.

Obviously Jenkins good win at Newbury over two well touted horses on Friday shines more favourable light on that bumper form.

He seems versatile ground wise and I'm sure coming from Elliott's yard he'll have been well schooled. He generally races prominently so he should avoid the carnage of 30 novices in behind bunny hopping their way around! He has also performed well at stiff tracks like Galway and Nass. I've had an ew bet at 12/1 and I'm hoping he'll put up a bold showing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kauto Abu; 27th November 2016 at 12:30 PM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kauto Abu For This Useful Post:

Absurdistan (27th November 2016), tiggers1972 (27th November 2016), viking (27th November 2016)

Thanks
    I may follow you in there Kauto. Also like the look of Sambremont in the Troytown. 6 places with Skybet (only paying 1/5 odds but the extra 2 places makes up for that)

Thanks
    I'll follow you in there, Kauto.

I want to take Battleford on who's already being mentioned as a 3 miler.
    Last edited by Bonjers; 27th November 2016 at 12:29 PM.

Thanks
    Can't resist a bit of 10s about Peruvian Bleu in the 3.40 at Leicester. He's up 8lbs from a recent win at Towcester but won that event nicely and a better pace will suit today.

Sent from my MediaPad M1 8.0 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauto Abu View Post
    I think Brelade in the 1st at Navan is quite interesting and possibly overpriced at 12/1. On his bumper form he is bang there with Meade's decent novice Moulin A Vent, twice in fact. The first time when 4th in the Goffs Land Rover Champion Bumper just 7L shy of Jenkins & a neck behind MAV. The 8th in that race, Hardline, has gone on to win since and holds a G1 Royal Bond Entry next Weekend.

He finished 2nd to Moulin A Vent again at Galway in October, again by the minimum distance and pulling miles clear of 3rd before going on to win his last bumper start giving weight to a De Bromhead Giggi horse.

Moulin a Vent has advertised those form lines well since. He was a very close second to Monbeg Notorious on hurdling debut and he lines up in a G3 today before winning his maiden. That maiden had the Mullins hype horse Senewalk finish 6th.

Obviously Jenkins good win at Newbury over two well touted horses on Friday shines more favourable light on that bumper form.

He seems versatile ground wise and I'm sure coming from Elliott's yard he'll have been well schooled. He generally races prominently so he should avoid the carnage of 30 novices in behind bunny hopping their way around! He has also performed well at stiff tracks like Galway and Nass. I've had an ew bet at 12/1 and I'm hoping he'll put up a bold showing.

Oh you little beauty.

Thanks
    Top tipping Kauto

14. The Following User Says Thank You to viking For This Useful Post:

Kauto Abu (27th November 2016)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Great shout kauto, well done mate

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tincan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Great shout

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Chopper For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    A pity Monbeg Notorious is a non runner in the next. I'd have been all over him like a rash!!

Thanks
    What about my 22/1 winner? 😂

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    ******* hell, just seen that Ricko. Great call mate

Thanks
    Thanks 😉

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Double J View Post
    My first post on here, hopefully first of many as I hope to contribute a little bit more as my knowledge gets better.

Only been watching racing for the last year or two, Annie Powers fall at the last fence a couple of years ago cost me a lot of money but really captured my imagination, I've been a fan since. My knowledge is still pretty limited because of the lack of time I have to study. Reading this forum has helped a lot the last few weeks though.

Also like to say thanks to 'Place Backer' backed a few of your picks a couple of days ago and won just short of £200. Fair bit of money for me, I only chuck £5 on or do the odd lucky 15.
    Welcome to the forum JJ
    This is a great place to learn about the game , Theres some very clued up members on here
    Also don't be afraid to ask a question or voice an opinion

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PlaceBacker View Post

1.35 Leicester-Like A Diamond @ 4-1 [Paddy Power]
    2.05 Leicester-One Forty Seven @ 5-2 [Bet 365]
    Loss of 2pts

Thanks
    Great work Ricko and cheers for the heads up on Brelade, Kauto! Top tipping.

Thanks
    Great tipping on here chaps, Kauto and Ricko.