Page 439 of 1090 FirstFirst ... 339389429434435436437438439440441442443444449489539939 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,780 of 21797

Thread: What are you backing Today?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFrisk View Post
    I like ACKERTAC in the 2:30 at Cheltenham and he's a decent price because of the short priced favourite. A false fav on my speed figures.
    Like the horse but went up quite a lot for his run behind Rajdhani Express at the Festival.

Thanks
    Well done Rob, can't keep a good man down!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Simpson Jersey View Post
    Southwell selections.
    Royal Marskell, staying on well over shorter distances on turf on soft and decent 2nd at Lingfield, this C/D should suit, Push Me for the F/C.
    Stand Guard, loves this track, will take a chance on it beating the odds on fav.
    Money for Johnstons horse Layl this am, but can't back a horse with "found nil" twice running at this track! St Ignatious has it all to do from his highest ever rating and only just got up over a furlong further lto, which would seem to rule out Back burner as well. Masterful Acts victories have come over further and may not burn these off over 12fs, which leaves us with the bottom 2 Magica and Returntobrecongill.
    Very open race, couldn't back anything short in this.
    Prohibit was fav for the Prix de L'abbaye 2 years ago, bit of a comedown for him! Cowell has 3 runners inc likely fav Silken Express.
    For an EW interest i'll go with the winner of this race 2 years ago Even Stevens who wasn't far behind Equitania and Silken Express lto on its 1st run back here for ages and has a 7lb claimer on top today.
    Good call on Even Stevens SJ. Form book won the race with Matty's claim. Good spot.

Thanks
    Heard a very good word for Drunken Counsel in 3.35 Leop.
    Pluralism of Ideas and the prosperity of any land are intertwined. Freedom of minds and skill of intellect to 'think the unthinkable' is how humanity has progressed; when minds are incarcerated nothing endures.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Geezer View Post
    Emral Silk hacks up at Catterick on first start since Sue Smith and Jonathan England were punished for schooling him in public in November.

Over to you Harvey.

The Stewards held an enquiry into the running and riding of EMRAL SILK, ridden by Jonathan England and trained by Sue Smith, which was settled midfield until leaving the back straight where he became detached, eventually finishing seventh, beaten 42 lengths. They interviewed the rider and the trainer. They also received a report from the Veterinary Officer. The rider stated that his instructions were to sit handy, give EMRAL SILK some light and make the best of his way home. He added that the gelding did not jump well and was flat out. The trainer confirmed these instructions and stated that she was happy with the ride given. Having heard their evidence and viewed recordings of the race the Stewards found the rider in breach of Rule (B)59.2 and the trainer in breach of Rule (C)45.4, in that they were guilty of schooling and conditioning the horse on the racecourse. They suspended the rider for 18 days as follows: Monday 25 November to Saturday 30 November inclusive and Sunday 1 December to Thursday 12 December 2013 inclusive, this being his second offence within a period of twelve to twenty four months. They fined the trainer £3,000 and suspended the horse from running in any race for 40 days from Thursday 14 November to Monday 23 December 2013 inclusive.

Two fingers from Mr Smith

Thanks
    3.45 Southwell
    A right Donkey Derby and can General Tufto (one of the biggest donkeys on its day), get its 9th C/D win! Has ran 2 crackers at Wolverhampton recently and as this is his course has to have a chance but is the 8fs here too short for him nowadays with those wolver runs over 9fs! Couldn't beat Frosty Friday over C/D last time here and may have to settle for a place behind that horse again. Queen of skies has attracted the money for the in form Appleby yard but can't back a horse btn 30 lengths here lto even though this is 4fs shorter.

Thanks
    Tufto does it again! Well done SJ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Tremendous SJ. Well done.

marbler
    Well done with Tufto, Simpson. My gosh that horse is still around and winning races!

EPEE CELESTE hit peak form when hacking up in three chases in the spring/summer of 2012, off respective marks of 99,109 and 115. Today (12:40 HUNT) the horse is dropped down to class 5, after disappointing in higher grades. In what looks an average race she can take this if she happened to find her best form.

She's never fallen which I reckon is a good thing as in the back of my head I think a horse needs to get into a good rhythm around Huntingdon, thus if you've never fallen and have a good jumping record you're more likely to get into the rhythm. She likes to front run so hopefully she can get her act together! Could be a decent each way price. I might look at a little back-to-lay to cover my stakes in the event she tires.

Too long since I had a good winner so hoping for a change of luck.
    Last edited by marbler; 2nd January 2014 at 9:13 AM.

CPGagie
    WOLV 6:20 ELECTRIC QATAR 5/1

Should get the better of both George Fenton and Haadeeth on these terms if looking at the CD encounter the three had in early October. Yard in good form.

Bogsnog might not be too far way, but his good run of form has perhaps come to an end.

Powerful Pierre will be lucky to get things fall right today. Looks a false Fav to me. Might be staying on late, but probably a little too late. I had it running to it's mark LTO including the claim that day, so that would leave it a length or two short in todays race.

Lastkingofscotland doesn't look quite good enough at the weights, despite the claim.

The others don't seem to be good enough.

Avonmore Star rated a small danger, but is now a NR, which also makes Electric Qatars draw better statistically.

=========

LAWRENCE TAYLOR from ATR seems to be thinking the same.....

"ELECTRIC QATAR, who has posted some big numbers over this track and trip in the past, makes some appeal in this 10-runner claiming contest. Granted, the gelding has been finding it hard to finish with his head in front of late, and this is a competitive race of its type, but give me anything like his early tissue odds of 6-1 and I'll definitely be a player in this one".

Thanks
    STORMIN EXIT 2.20 AYR

Stormin Exit drops into a grade he has never run in over the larger obstacles. He run well in the Grand Sefton last time when fifth to 139 rated Rebel Rebellion. However, it is his second over 16f here the time before that takes the eye. He was second to Simply Ned in a 0-130. The winner has franked the form by finishing second to 152 rated Fago. He was 7ls ahead of Un Guet Apens who sluiced up on Boxing Day in a 0-120. He had Kealigolane back in fifth who has subsequently won a 0-125. Stormin Exit is 2-7 in handicap chases at Ayr. That improves to 2-3 when James Reveley rides him, 112, and 2-2 over 20f. He won a 20f handicap chase here two years ago on heavy ground carrying 11-12 so the burden shouldn’t trouble the 11yo.

Ultra Du Chatelet is by Network whose progeny have a 29% strike rate on heavy ground. He won a chase at Pau in bottomless ground in 2012. He had a wind operation early last year and has been given time to get over it. He should run well but Lucinda Russell is just 2-26 with horses she hasn’t managed to get a win from in handicap chases at Ayr. He is just 1-13 under rules but has scope.

Ros Castle was never on terms and totally outclassed in a 0-135 last time but his flattering 4l second to Tutchtec the time before reads well as that horse won again off 8lbs higher. He had Zaru well behind him who has since won and placed off 7lbs higher. Whilst he places a lot, his record over 20f reads beaten, 4ls, 9ls, 13ls and 44ls from just four races. He has only ever won over 16f and 17f.

Oil Burner is back on his last winning mark. He is 3lbs better off for being 8ls behind Ros Castle at Carlisle. He has only won going right handed and is 0-9 with just one place racing left handed.

And The Man has pulled up four times and won once in five chases. He was tailed off and pulled up in a 0-115 the other day and this is tougher. That was his first race since March and he should be sharper today. However, if he follows his profile, he has two runs before he wins. He needs a break between races too as he is 0-3, never finishing when returning inside a month.

Wicklow Lad was second in a Grade 2 in his last race in Ireland but he hasn’t shown the same form in the UK. He should turn the tables on Ros Castle on today’s terms from their race at Carlisle. He is back on the mark he won a Grade 3 chase two years ago. His record of 0-15 over 20f and 0-7 on flat tracks means he is passed over.

Alfred Oats is yet to place in seven attempts under rules and the closest he has got is a 17l last of five.

Conclusion: Stormin Exit has been competing in much better races than this. He is 2-3 in 0-125 handicap chases and has never run in a 0-120 or less. The stable have been quiet though Goldie shut down operations for Christmas. He may well take a bit of beating under his ideal conditions.

CPGagie
    No good yesterday, at all. Could have got closer if not for coming wide off the bend, and if jockey had made more of an effort, but no way would have won. I suspect the slower surface didn't help.

I've ended up looking in the gutter today.

WOLVES 6:30 DANIEL THOMAS caught my eye, and I've been pondering over a bet for age's. The slower surface should help and running off only 47. My concern is that it is now with Ann Stokell, though her 2 winners in the last 5 years have both been at Wolves with older horses, and everything else would suggest a decent run is likely.

I could hang around waiting for the books to open, and maybe have a small EW dabble at 5/1+ (couldn't get serious due to the Yard), or I can switch this thing off, hop in the shower and head off to the local.

Decisions, decisions.

Anyway, thats the best I've come up with today.

CPGagie
    ....of course, this is where I go out, miss Rob posting some NH runner at 14's, return home pissed to see it's been smashed into 3/1 favourtism, then wins in a canter after I decide the value has gone.

Thats probably a safer bet than Daniel Thomas.

Thanks
    Good luck with Daniel Thomas, Chris. I couldn't touch those horses at all TBH, so get to the local.

I got mugged into backing the Rackenback horses on many occasions, then seeing cash available in place column nearly matching the win odds in running. I got the odd winner to convince me to jump on board again, but they simply can't be trusted and I'm amazed the horses are still running when the owner gets a ban, even if it's under a different name.

Apart from On The Cusp, the owner/trainer (whoever it is ?/ Carson combo look more likely the finish last. Without considering all the hype that surrounds the outfit, the horse switching stables and has never won off a break this long, is enough to put me off even if he's a stone better than 12 months ago.

The crazy thing is if you profile just the horse itself, without the connections, most punters would be lumping on.

Grayson to be the next trainer might be worth a bet though.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by doomster View Post
    Good luck with Daniel Thomas, Chris. I couldn't touch those horses at all TBH, so get to the local.

I got mugged into backing the Rackenback horses on many occasions, then seeing cash available in place column nearly matching the win odds in running. I got the odd winner to convince me to jump on board again, but they simply can't be trusted and I'm amazed the horses are still running when the owner gets a ban, even if it's under a different name.

Apart from On The Cusp, the owner/trainer (whoever it is ?/ Carson combo look more likely the finish last. Without considering all the hype that surrounds the outfit, the horse switching stables and has never won off a break this long, is enough to put me off even if he's a stone better than 12 months ago.

The crazy thing is if you profile just the horse itself, without the connections, most punters would be lumping on.

Grayson to be the next trainer might be worth a bet though.
    Stephen Arnold took 21 horses from Violet Jordan and sent them to Ann Stokell who until recently only had 9 boxes registered. I think all the horses are leased now, must be a loophole as he still owns them.

Thanks
    MYSTERY BET 2.30 SOUTHWELL

Richard Fahey does well with his 4yos in handicaps in January at Southwell. In the last three years he has sent just 10 runners with 5 of those winning. That improves to 3-3 when they’re in the first four of the betting. Four of the five winners were unplaced on their latest run and the odd one out was actually winning its second race at Southwell in January.
    Mystery Bet was second to Epic Battle in November and that horse has won again plus he was third to String Theory off 7lbs higher in a 0-95 in December. Mystery Bet meets nothing of that calibre today. Mystery Bet is by Kheleyf so she should handle the fibresand and she is taken to further enhance her trainer’s record in January here.

Fair Trade has his first run for Alan Swinbank after arriving from Alan King. Swinbank is 6-109 with other peoples cast offs and it is 6 years and 45 runners since he saddled a winner.

Both Honoured and Love U Whatever have to defy career high marks.
    Love U Whatever is up in class though is 3-4 here but beaten out of sight in his only run in class 4.
    Honoured is 0-5 in class 4.
    Absent Amy is 0-5 in 0-75 and has never run in a 0-80. She is 0-4 off marks in the 70s.
    My History has a maiden seller win to his name and was beaten 21lks last time out. Yet to get any nearer than 8ls in a handicap a drop in class is desperately needed.

Conclusion: Mystery Bet beat Lancelot Du Lac and You Da One as a 2yo. Considering what those two horses have achieved in 2013 it looks like smart form. Mystery Bet has pieces of form right throughout 2013 that gives her a huge chance today. Given Fahey’s record in January, she is worth supporting.

Thanks
    Stephen Arnold took 21 horses from Violet Jordan and sent them to Ann Stokell who until recently only had 9 boxes registered. I think all the horses are leased now, must be a loophole as he still owns them.
    So effectively no punishment. Cheers Rob.

Wolver 4.30 Burren View Lady @ 5.8
    this should trade shorter in running unless there are a change of tactics with Angels Pursuit, who could be anything off a break but is untried on slow ground.

The differential in price with Fat gary looks too big IMO, considering BVL has two decent runs on slow and FG got turnover on slow at 6/4.

BVL should get a lead and a pitch off the rail, is gutsy and just looks over priced.

Thanks
    Top tipping and the price yeeeehaaaaah

Thanks
    Thanks Baldeagle.

Got the price and run style all wrong, but still got the win.

What do I know

Thanks
    A win is a WIN was hammered at the off 5s to3s