Page 437 of 1090 FirstFirst ... 337387427432433434435436437438439440441442447487537937 ... LastLast
Results 8,721 to 8,740 of 21797

Thread: What are you backing Today?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Simpson Jersey View Post
    Backing Mr Burbidge tonight, looks very progressive to me, the irish horse is making him look a decent bet at 5/1 imo.
    Wonder if he can complete the 4 timer today at Sthwll, battled on very gamely at Wolver lto to just get the better of Scribe and just 1lb worse off with that horse.
    Monzino and Yasir haven't proved they stay this distance so hopefully the jump sired Mr Burbidge can just outbattle Scribe again. Any thoughts chaps.

Thanks
    Southwell 12.20 Yasir Win @ 4.88

Interesting race with Scribe the only runner with C&D form and he comes here 15lb higher than his winning mark here.

There are three runners with surface form who are stepping up in trip, but I don't think the trip will really be an issue as I really can't see likely pacesetter Scribe going off too fast as that would probably help fav Mr Burbidge.

Mr Burbidge is progressing well at present, but although his sire's progeny tend to go on any ground, it's very unusual he's never had a runner on the fibresand and I'm happy to oppose without a run on the surface. Scribe and MB are closely matched on a previous run but it is hard call to predict the finishing position of both today, with the former certain to handle the track, but the latter looks more progressive and likely to want further.

Although Scibe's last 71l defeat over C&D is misleading, I still could not got involved off his mark over C&D.

With nothing rock solid in the field, Med Sea may be the value call at around 12.0, although in running would probably be the best option, held up over C&D for the first time. If they do go slow, it would be no great shock if he got involved, but he got turnover at 11/8, finishing a well beaten 4/4 when trying 16f earlier in the year.

Monzino is 0/20 in C5, never won off anything near this mark and distance does look an issue, even if slowly run. EC flagged this one up when off the right mark and it really looks to be up against it, even with plenty of doubts about the opposition.

Yasir really does look worth chancing stepping up in trips. Previously mentioned the sire's progeny loving the surface, but they also go well at 16f, with Peak Park and Hada Men, the only ones to have gone over the trip winning at marks in the mid 60's.

Yasir strangely runs in snatches and can get outpaced early on but the slower early pace should hopefully help.

Also worth considering he went to Lucinda Russell early this year without running, but they obviously felt he could see out a trip, albeit over hurdles and the mare does produces staying types.

Happy to go along with Yasir seeing out the trip, with my only reservation is taking an early price when he could well trade bigger in the first half mile if he does need some rousting.

Thanks
    Well i asked for an opinion! Good post Doomster, but in this instance hope you're wrong.

Thanks
    Wonder if he can complete the 4 timer today at Sthwll, battled on very gamely at Wolver lto to just get the better of Scribe and just 1lb worse off with that horse.
    Monzino and Yasir haven't proved they stay this distance so hopefully the jump sired Mr Burbidge can just outbattle Scribe again. Any thoughts chaps.
    Our posts overlapped SJ.

I've probably been a bit quick to discount MB on the basis I thought it strange the 22yo sire had never had a flat runner on the surface, as he's had very few flat runners at all.

Had a quick look at NH flat races over the surface but that doesn't tell us a lot, 0/4.

I do think he has a turn of foot for a stayer though and this surface tends to suit the ones the wind it up, so I'm still not sure it will suit.

Thanks
    Good luck Doomster, hope one of us is right!

Thanks

Outbattled him all right!

Thanks
    Well done SJ.

Don't think he'll be given more than 6lb hopefully for a return.

Thanks
    Well done SJ with Mr Burbidge. Bit of a money spinner. He beat his PB speed figure again yesterday.

Thanks
    ALFRED HUTCHINSON 1.30 LINGFIELD
    Alfred Hutchinson wasn’t particularly well in last time in a conditions race. He finished ahead of 96 rated Emerald Wilderness and 91 rated Mias Boy. He raced wide throughout and ran on well up the straight. He is drawn wide again today. Alfred Hutchinson was third beaten 1l off 92 in a 0-95 here in February over this distance. Eight of the ten runners in that race have subsequently won at least one race and he had Verse Of Love and Rakaan behind and he holds them on today’s terms. The winner of that race was Solar Deity who is now racing off 11lbs higher. Four of Alfred Hutchinson’s five wins have come on polytrack and his trainer has done well at Lingfield on the artificial surface this year. Geoff Oldroyd’s record reads; 311381. With Rob Tart taking off a valuable 3lbs, Alfred Hutchinson must go close.

Wandsworth will be a very short priced jolly and he steps up two grades. He won a 0-75 last time; no winners have come out of the race, beating some mainly disappointing sorts. He had previously won a poor maiden. Time could prove he is very well in here off 78 but his price is more a reflection on who he is trained by than his ability shown to date. Varian is in sublime form this winter with 6 of his last 11 runners winning. Wandsworth is by Authorised who is yet to have a winner outside of class 5 at the track, 0-8 in class 4 or higher. He is 2-17 on any all weather track.

Well Painted is well handicapped but he is 0-10 in handicaps. He has never placed in three races on an artificial surface and is 0-3, never placed, going left handed. He is 0-4 over 8f.

Maverik was beaten 1l on a 0-95 last time off 89 and is 1lb lower today. He is 1lbs higher than his highest winning mark. He has to lead and will probably end up in a speed battle with Wandsworth. Jim Crowley is back on board, 4-13 but Maverik has something to find with Alfred Hutchinson on a line through George Guru.

Rakaan won a 0-80 off 80 last time and will have to improve to take this 0-95 off 5lbs higher. The drop back to 8f is not sure to suit, 0-10. He is 3lbs better off with Alfred Hutchinson on their meeting here in February when 2ls behind but was at arms length.

Veeraya has left Haggas and is now with Julia Feilden. He won his maiden here in good style a year ago, his only run on polytrack. However, after a promising second in a 0-85 that has worked out well, he has struggled off marks in the 80s. He showed nothing on his last start for Haggas. Though Feilden is 5-69 with other peoples cast offs, two of the last six have won, she is 0-41 in 0-95 handicaps.

Verse Of Love was beaten 3.5ls in a 0-100 on Saturday here off this mark. He is 0-9 over 8f and has never placed in four races here. He is another who will be in a speed battle.

Favourite Treat is 0-5 on the all weather and his sole win was on soft ground. However, his second over 7f here in October suggests he is suited by the track and being by Hard Spun, progeny 2-7 over 8f here, he should stay the extra furlong. He is another that likes to lead and that isn’t going to suit here.

Snow King has left Gosden after two runs. Powell is 0-8 with other peoples cast offs.

Conclusion: The pace is the factor here and with Wandsworth, Favourite Treat, Verse Of Love and Maverik all liking to lead it should set this up for a closer. It will probably be too quick for Rakaan so that leaves Alfred Hutchinson to pick them off.

Thanks
    Good luck Rob, well reasoned write-up as ever, have taken 6-1 ew.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FrogTheBountyMuncher
    cant see Alfred Hutchinson winning in today's field, awful price and conditions to take, wouldn't tempt me unless 20/1, even then you'd still be pushing for a place.
    Last edited by FrogTheBountyMuncher; 30th December 2013 at 1:27 PM.

Thanks
    cant see Alfred Hutchinson winning in today's field, awful price and conditions to take, wouldn't tempt me unless 20/1, even then you'd still be pushing for a place.
    Any views on what will finish in front of him, or is he just a place lay 2.1 ?

Thanks
    Or are you just a trolling oxygen thief with nothing constructive to offer anybody?

FrogTheBountyMuncher
    Quote Originally Posted by doomster View Post
    Any views on what will finish in front of him, or is he just a place lay 2.1 ?
    Not sure mate, it's up to you. I'd have a £2 any order tricast, Wandsworth, Well Painted and Verse of Love.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FrogTheBountyMuncher View Post

Thanks

Thanks
    Well well well...

Excellent MLM

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MLMRob View Post
    ALFRED HUTCHINSON 1.30 LINGFIELD
    Alfred Hutchinson wasn’t particularly well in last time in a conditions race. He finished ahead of 96 rated Emerald Wilderness and 91 rated Mias Boy. He raced wide throughout and ran on well up the straight. He is drawn wide again today. Alfred Hutchinson was third beaten 1l off 92 in a 0-95 here in February over this distance. Eight of the ten runners in that race have subsequently won at least one race and he had Verse Of Love and Rakaan behind and he holds them on today’s terms. The winner of that race was Solar Deity who is now racing off 11lbs higher. Four of Alfred Hutchinson’s five wins have come on polytrack and his trainer has done well at Lingfield on the artificial surface this year. Geoff Oldroyd’s record reads; 311381. With Rob Tart taking off a valuable 3lbs, Alfred Hutchinson must go close.

Wandsworth will be a very short priced jolly and he steps up two grades. He won a 0-75 last time; no winners have come out of the race, beating some mainly disappointing sorts. He had previously won a poor maiden. Time could prove he is very well in here off 78 but his price is more a reflection on who he is trained by than his ability shown to date. Varian is in sublime form this winter with 6 of his last 11 runners winning. Wandsworth is by Authorised who is yet to have a winner outside of class 5 at the track, 0-8 in class 4 or higher. He is 2-17 on any all weather track.

Well Painted is well handicapped but he is 0-10 in handicaps. He has never placed in three races on an artificial surface and is 0-3, never placed, going left handed. He is 0-4 over 8f.

Maverik was beaten 1l on a 0-95 last time off 89 and is 1lb lower today. He is 1lbs higher than his highest winning mark. He has to lead and will probably end up in a speed battle with Wandsworth. Jim Crowley is back on board, 4-13 but Maverik has something to find with Alfred Hutchinson on a line through George Guru.

Rakaan won a 0-80 off 80 last time and will have to improve to take this 0-95 off 5lbs higher. The drop back to 8f is not sure to suit, 0-10. He is 3lbs better off with Alfred Hutchinson on their meeting here in February when 2ls behind but was at arms length.

Veeraya has left Haggas and is now with Julia Feilden. He won his maiden here in good style a year ago, his only run on polytrack. However, after a promising second in a 0-85 that has worked out well, he has struggled off marks in the 80s. He showed nothing on his last start for Haggas. Though Feilden is 5-69 with other peoples cast offs, two of the last six have won, she is 0-41 in 0-95 handicaps.

Verse Of Love was beaten 3.5ls in a 0-100 on Saturday here off this mark. He is 0-9 over 8f and has never placed in four races here. He is another who will be in a speed battle.

Favourite Treat is 0-5 on the all weather and his sole win was on soft ground. However, his second over 7f here in October suggests he is suited by the track and being by Hard Spun, progeny 2-7 over 8f here, he should stay the extra furlong. He is another that likes to lead and that isn’t going to suit here.

Snow King has left Gosden after two runs. Powell is 0-8 with other peoples cast offs.

Conclusion: The pace is the factor here and with Wandsworth, Favourite Treat, Verse Of Love and Maverik all liking to lead it should set this up for a closer. It will probably be too quick for Rakaan so that leaves Alfred Hutchinson to pick them off.
    Great call Rob top tipping sadly wasnt on

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FrogTheBountyMuncher View Post

CPGagie
    Great shout, Rob.

I see the trolling is back on this thread now. He has a couple of current alter ego's on here. For a young lad he's got some balls on him, I'll give him that, but not a lot else. I know of at least 3 people on here that know exactly who he is. Thin ice I reckon, each to their own though.