Page 396 of 1090 FirstFirst ... 296346386391392393394395396397398399400401406446496896 ... LastLast
Results 7,901 to 7,920 of 21797

Thread: What are you backing Today?

Banned
    Thanks
    stuck a canadian bet on these on way home

6.00 MORE ASPEN
    6.30 CHOOKIE ROYAL
    7.00 STONEFIELD FLYER
    7.30 WELSH INLET
    8.00 SQUIRREL WOOD

best bet is Squirrel Wood

Thanks
    Conclusion: It is interesting that Brian Baugh has secured the services of Jim Crowley as he won Kieltys Folly two runs back. The horse has won off 57 so 53 shouldn’t be a problem. He is not one to follow over a cliff but the 8/1 available this morning makes him an inviting each way shout. Sonnetation looks the main danger.
    I hope you covered on the winner Rob.

Crowley never made it to the track to ride Kieltys Folly.

Cheers.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Two for the sake of an interest this afternoon at Wetherby:

Frontier Spirit (1pt win 16/1 BOG)
    This is more a case of not fancying much else in the race. Mon Parrain looks well in but would they really want to fvck up a good mark by winning a race like this when there will be bigger and better races on the agenda? Easter Meteor was heavily backed last time in a better race but doesn't strike me as being well in. Cantlow was reported last year to be thick-set and likely to improve for his first run so I'm not sure this should be any different. Duke Of Lucca looks exposed but not badly in. Ultimate is a dodgepot. Noble Legend is another that doesn't look that well in but is on the up. Green Wizard likewise. I thought a bit before rejecting Silver Roque but there isn't anything sexy about it. Triptico likewise. Sergeant Pink likewise. Mac Aeda might find this too sharp. I think if Humbie was really fancied Timmy Murphy would be on it (hence the second look at Silver Roque). NTDs can run well first time up and the stable is in form so 16/1 is fine by me for a speculative pop.

Kitchapoly (1pt win, 9/1 BOG)
    The only winner of this race in the last ten years to emerge with an OR of 130+ was Secret Edge (131) two years ago. Degas Art went into it on 134 and came out on 128 after it so was probably over-rated in the first place. Pipe runs an interesting French import but it's 2/1f. Henderson runs a promising one but can surely be no better than a second division type or they'd be holding back for the big Cheltenham meeting. Keltus for Nicholls is OR125 so might be the danger to Kitchapoly who is already on 130 and is battle hardened already. The down side to that is that there might not be much improvement but the ability for this race is already there which means the rest have to find the improvement.

And a half-point ew double.
    Last edited by Desert Orchid; 1st November 2013 at 12:05 PM.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    1.30 Newmarket - Creme Anglaise

Michael Bell talked of her being a black type horse earlier in the season, and thought she had improvement off 91. Down to a mark of 76 due to four disappointing runs. Not seen since 15th September, i had a look on Michael Bell's website and cam across some video gallops of the last few weeks. Creme Anglaise has been working with Shrewd (91) & Divergence (85). I'm no gallop expert, and take these things with a pinch of salt, but the fact she is working with those type of horses is a positive in my mind. The favourite has been ridden by Tom Queally in all his four starts, and Tom now riding Creme Anglaise will know what it takes to beat him.
    If Creme Anglaise recent break has benefited her, a return to her form of last year would see her win this, and at 25-1 is a cracking each way bet.

Thanks
    outstanding jft...

Thanks
    Very nice jft.

Thanks
    Superb, JFT!

Thanks
    Top tipping

Thanks
    That is fantastic tipping. Very well done.

Thanks
    magnificent. As they would say on sky, top top top class.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jft2005 View Post

Michael Bell talked of her being a black type horse earlier in the season, and thought she had improvement off 91. Down to a mark of 76 due to four disappointing runs. Not seen since 15th September, i had a look on Michael Bell's website and cam across some video gallops of the last few weeks. Creme Anglaise has been working with Shrewd (91) & Divergence (85). I'm no gallop expert, and take these things with a pinch of salt, but the fact she is working with those type of horses is a positive in my mind. The favourite has been ridden by Tom Queally in all his four starts, and Tom now riding Creme Anglaise will know what it takes to beat him.
    If Creme Anglaise recent break has benefited her, a return to her form of last year would see her win this, and at 25-1 is a cracking each way bet.
    Pluralism of Ideas and the prosperity of any land are intertwined. Freedom of minds and skill of intellect to 'think the unthinkable' is how humanity has progressed; when minds are incarcerated nothing endures.

Thanks
    Well done Jft. Great call

Thanks
    thanks guys! I have to admit that after i posted, i read that the horse is entered in the December sales. This made me doubt whether the horse retained ability, so i reduced my stakes!

Thanks
    Fantastic tipping !
    Very well done, indeed.

Thanks
    Just wow!
    You should not confuse your career with your life.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    Two for the sake of an interest this afternoon at Wetherby:

Frontier Spirit (1pt win 16/1 BOG)
    This is more a case of not fancying much else in the race. Mon Parrain looks well in but would they really want to fvck up a good mark by winning a race like this when there will be bigger and better races on the agenda? Easter Meteor was heavily backed last time in a better race but doesn't strike me as being well in. Cantlow was reported last year to be thick-set and likely to improve for his first run so I'm not sure this should be any different. Duke Of Lucca looks exposed but not badly in. Ultimate is a dodgepot. Noble Legend is another that doesn't look that well in but is on the up. Green Wizard likewise. I thought a bit before rejecting Silver Roque but there isn't anything sexy about it. Triptico likewise. Sergeant Pink likewise. Mac Aeda might find this too sharp. I think if Humbie was really fancied Timmy Murphy would be on it (hence the second look at Silver Roque). NTDs can run well first time up and the stable is in form so 16/1 is fine by me for a speculative pop.

Kitchapoly (1pt win, 9/1 BOG)
    The only winner of this race in the last ten years to emerge with an OR of 130+ was Secret Edge (131) two years ago. Degas Art went into it on 134 and came out on 128 after it so was probably over-rated in the first place. Pipe runs an interesting French import but it's 2/1f. Henderson runs a promising one but can surely be no better than a second division type or they'd be holding back for the big Cheltenham meeting. Keltus for Nicholls is OR125 so might be the danger to Kitchapoly who is already on 130 and is battle hardened already. The down side to that is that there might not be much improvement but the ability for this race is already there which means the rest have to find the improvement.

And a half-point ew double.
    P1sh. Total p1sh.

Frontier Spirit got a terrible ride although the early blunder wouldn't have helped. Don't know what to say about Kitchapoly. Never really looked interested in exerting itself.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jft2005 View Post

major....

Banned
    Thanks
    one of Ron Hodges pair could cause a shock in the 7.25
    Last edited by EC1; 1st November 2013 at 8:23 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by doomster View Post
    I hope you covered on the winner Rob.

Crowley never made it to the track to ride Kieltys Folly.

Cheers.
    Once I knew Crowley hadn't made it I covered the bet luckily

Thanks
    BYRNE GROUP HANDICAP CHASE 2.10 ASCOT

This race has been going seven years and in six of those it was won by a second season chaser.
    The only horse to win outside that range was a 13yo.
    The race has also been a good race for the market leaders. 5-7 were in the first three in the betting whilst 6-7 were in the first six of the betting.

From just fifteen runners with an official rating of 125-130, five horses have won. The other winners were rated 140 and 145.

The current first six in the betting are Fairy Rath, Greywell Boy, King Edmund, Ulck Du Lin, Avoca Promise, My Brother Sylvest and Gus Macrae.
    Notardfbad and Filbert could feasibly end up in the first six of the betting.
    King Edmund isn’t a second season chaser and has finished 4th and 2nd in previous runnings of this race.
    Gus Macrae won this last year as a second season chaser.
    Notarfbad is in his first season as a chaser.

Filbert, Avoca Promise and Greywell Boy are the three horses in the official rating range.

Every winner had run in a class 2, 3, or 4 race last time out. 15 had run in Pattern Company and everyone failed in this race.

For me I can’t split Avoca Promise and Greywell Boy and they will do for me