Page 654 of 1090 FirstFirst ... 154554604644649650651652653654655656657658659664704754 ... LastLast
Results 13,061 to 13,080 of 21797

Thread: What are you backing Today?

marbler
    Spellmaker (Bath 3:20) will handle cut in the ground better than the rest of the field, based on his solid 3rd place at this track last October on Gd-St. This horse has a cracking strike rate overall, albeit most wins coming on the A/W.
    Trainer also has one of the jollies for this in Mambo Spirit but that one is no good on Gd-St.
    Spellmaker has a live chance and will likely be held up..just hope her claiming jockey doesn't leave it too late when challenging.

Spellmaker 12/1
    Last edited by marbler; 1st September 2015 at 9:40 PM.

Thanks
    Captain Bob in the 4.10 at Haydock.

Ran well at York in July, winner of that race was third behind Fadaayil in a decent event at the Ebor meeting. Last time out at York he led for some strange reason but he's much better held up. Couple of front runners today and a bigger field suggests they'll revert to those tactics.

marbler
    Hopeful Tiggy Wiggy will bounce back in the Sprint Cup at Haydock.

Karl Burke's horse in the 2:35...Pearl Castle (who i mentioned last time it ran) ran well enough lto to have a good shout here

Balty Boys can win the 2:00, this is a decent horse who would be a worthy winner.

Good luck to everyone having a bet.
    Last edited by marbler; 5th September 2015 at 12:02 AM.

Thanks
    Got to be Mattmu's day today

Thanks
    I've done Adaay. Apart from the Commonwealth Cup on firm ground he's been excellent all year.
    Have to give Oasis Fantasy one final chance in the Old Borough Cup. A mile and six is his trip, he didn't stay the two miles last time out and at Goodwood before that Hughes never put him in the race.

Sent from my MediaPad M1 8.0 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 885 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marble View Post
    Balty Boys can win the 2:00, this is a decent horse who would be a worthy winner.
    Good luck, Marb. He's certainly a much better horse than when 2nd in this, last year.
    Early Morning (2.20K) absolutely routed a similar field latest, and should never be 7/1 to complete the double.
    Last edited by reet hard; 5th September 2015 at 9:19 AM.

Thanks
    Don't think the Gp3 at Haydock will take alot of winning, so it's Fanciful Angel, not beaten far in the Jersey. Great Hall (ew) runs his best races at Haydock if he would only put his head down. Antiquarium is so well in at Ascot unless Dartmouth is really worth the hike. Taajub must get a place in the last. Got a feeling about the unraced one int he first at Thirsk, so will have a bit on that.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The entire bank is on...........surely he cant lose at Kempton
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    piece of ****..Thank you ) Roll on the ARC
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well done, Marble.
    Ah! but a man's reach should exceed his grasp......

marbler
    Thankyou Colin. Pleased with that

Thanks
    Strange tactics by Frankie there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marbler
    Quote Originally Posted by marble View Post
    Hopeful Tiggy Wiggy will bounce back in the Sprint Cup at Haydock.

Karl Burke's horse in the 2:35...Pearl Castle (who i mentioned last time it ran) ran well enough lto to have a good shout here

Good luck to everyone having a bet.
    Really game effort from Pearl Castle, gutted he got mugged like that...

Thanks
    3.55 Fontwell Byron Blue 7/1

Thanks
    Will back a couple in the 17:00 at Fontwell, Mighty Minnie and Surf In September, e/w on each and R/F.
    Last edited by Bolero; 6th September 2015 at 4:28 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    3.55 Fontwell Byron Blue 7/1

That went well

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I know it wasn't directed at me but Betfred are 25/1 5 places about Munaaser and I've managed to get about £94 ew at that price.Haven't got time to do a write up but he should be well suited by the race as he was 2nd in the Silver version last year.You might want to take a look at a few replays York (He pulled very hard off a slow pace didn't quite see out an extended 10f)and Goodwood (Caught out the back slow pace)reasonable excuses for defeats both times.Have a look at how well his Sandown race has worked out and respective handicap marks.Basem now off 110.
    I've had an even bigger plunge on another one in this race.Munaaser has been shortened up into about 16's ,14's in places.My one worry with him is although I think he's well handicapped and is sure to travel well into the race I'm not quite sure he'll see the trip of 9f right out and if he gets into a battle in the last few yards I'm not sure he's the most hardy of sorts.

Halation 20/1 generally but 5 places with 365 I've laid out £100e/w and £65 win on the machine at 27.07. These are fairly large bets for myself especially ante post which is not something I'm normally comfortable with but having been a bit out of touch with the form over the last month or so I thought I'd try a different approach.

Why Halation then ? Well he was firstly involved beaten a couple of lengths 4th behind Basem in the same race as I picked up Munaaser from and is equally as well treated and would like Munaaser have every right to reverse with Basem on revised terms.This was his second try in headgear and he raced quite keenly, about 1f out he looked well held but in the last 150 yards he really rallied again suggesting a step up in trip would bring about an even better performance.This was over a mile and he was rated 96.

He then went from there to the Shergar cup meeting picking up a win.This time they left the headgear off and he settled much better at the back of the field running on strongly to take victory in the dying strides from Earth Drummer.The strange thing about this is he was raised only 2lb to a mark of 98.Earth Drummer raced in the same race as Munaaser next time out over the extended 10f at York and ran a cracker but like Munaaser didn't really see out the trip.The 4th from the Ascot race Alfred Hutchinson (a decent yard stick) nto ran 2nd to Chil the kite in a 52k handicap at York although having said this I would accept that he is probably a bit better horse on the Knavesmire.The 5th from the Ascot Race,Nakuti went on to win a fillies listed race next time up from a 1lb lower mark than what she faced Halation from.Obviously there can be all sorts of reasons for these improved performances but the main point being that a 2lb rise for beating them all seems incredibly lenient.This was also over a mile and once again and I'd suggest that on top of the rise being lenient Halation I feel will be even better over 9f.

He has tried 9f earlier in the season in fact over the Cambridgeshire course and distance and finished a decent second off a mark of 94.This on its own might seem not good enough as 2nd off 94 doesn't equal winning a Cambridgeshire off 98.This is until you realise the winner was Balty Boys off a mark of 102.Given his subsequent efforts 2 massive runs at Ascot off a mark of 108 one when drawn completely the wrong side over a mile and the only horse from that side to land a blow.The other over an inadequate 7f staying on like a train to finish 2nd to Heavens guest.He went into Saturdays race at Haydock rated 112 on a course and with a small field that shouldn't have suited him he won with a degree of comfort.I'd accept that SDS got it right tactically and a few of the other Jockey's not so much but still I dare say he'll go up a couple pounds for the victory and I'm sure when he does get his optimum conditions and things drop right for him he's capable of even more.All this suggests to me that Halation had little chance when him bumped into him and that second certainly has a better look about it.

Overall I think Halation has improved through the season but for one reason or another the handicapper has been very lenient.I certainly think he's a better horse than when he bumped into Balty Boys back in the spring and I feel that back at this trip in a few weeks time he should show it.

I don't know whether you guys would have preferred me to open up a Cambridgeshire thread for this so my apologies if that's the case but I thought seen as I'd put Munaaser up on here when someone asked about the race I thought I'd keep my thoughts together on the same thread.In future I'll try and keep things in the right place.

Best of luck.
    Last edited by Danny; 7th September 2015 at 12:26 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danny For This Useful Post:

Euronymous (7th September 2015), icebreaker (7th September 2015)

Thanks
    Excellent write up, best of luck Danny.

Thanks
    No problem. I know the Cambridgeshire is a bit of a difficult one to solve especially a few weeks out from the race but hopefully they'll both make the line up it seems the obvious target for both horses and hopefully both give a good account of themselves.I've noticed Earth drummer is being fairly well punted for it I can't possibly see him reversing Ascot form with Halation but that money is probably just based on the O Meara factor which is understandable.
    Last edited by Danny; 7th September 2015 at 3:48 PM.

marbler
    Yeah nice one Danny , I mentioned Halation a while back on this thread, no surprise to me if he went well.

Merry Me is definately one I'm having a couple of quid on at 40/1 e/w.
    Got form with group winners, including Vadamos last time.
    Finishing 5 lengths off Vadamos makes Merry Me leniently handicapped now off 97, imo.
    Andrew Balding says the big handicap at Ascot on Champions Day is her main target, so there may be some slight doubt whether she'll take in the Cambrideshire. Those odds of 40/1 offset the risk of a small wager though.
    Last edited by marbler; 7th September 2015 at 4:23 PM.