Thread: Kids' Tall Tales

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks

Kids' Tall Tales

My office is long and narrow and adjoins the end of the Fracture Clinic waiting room, which has been separated from the main part and turned into a play area for children.

This morning I could hear a lively pair of little lads through the wall, not too noisy or unruly, just having fun. Suddenly one of them started tapping on the wall, walking the length of it and turning back.

For a joke I knocked back ... bit of whispering, then one brave little chap tapped twice. I tapped twice. Then he started to tap on different parts of the wall and I responded. This went on for a few minutes and then I heard a woman's voice, obviously Mum finding out why they had gone so quiet.

Then the knocking started again, in different rhythms, which I copied. After about 10 minutes the knocking stopped, so the lads and their Mum had been called into clinic.

Talking to one of the consultants now, he tells me that these boys went in to his consulting room wide-eyed and full of chatter about the "secret room" behind the waiting room and ... "there's someone in there!"

By bedtime tonight I will probably have been transformed into a monster locked into a dungeon!!!
    Last edited by redhead; 23rd September 2010 at 1:04 PM.
    ... unicorns are busiest at three o'clock in the morning.

[COLOR=blue][I]"It is one of life's tragedies that men become what they oppose."[/I] Dr A Guirdham

[/COLOR][COLOR=#b22222][I]"My glass always tends to be not just half-empty, but cracked with my ale seeping off the table and into my shoes..."[/I] Lydia Hislop[/COLOR]