Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Barney Curley

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Didn't understand a word of it but thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    The Stewards held an enquiry to establish the circumstances behind the withdrawal at the start of FEELTHERHYTHM, ridden by Shane Kelly and trained by Des Donovan. They interviewed the trainer, the Veterinary Surgeon and the Veterinary Officer, and the rider by telephone. Kelly reported that on arrival at the start, he was unhappy with the mare and asked the Veterinary Surgeon to examine her. The Veterinary Surgeon confirmed that after concerns expressed by Kelly that he thought the mare was unsound, and having trotted her up at the start, found the mare to be slightly lame and advised for her to be withdrawn. The Veterinary Officer reported that when initially leaving the racecourse, she observed that the mare was lame, however, on subsequent examination back at the stable yard, and having trotted her up without saddle or rider, FEELTHERHYTHM appeared to be sound. The Stewards noted their explanations.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Geezer View Post
    The Stewards held an enquiry to establish the circumstances behind the withdrawal at the start of FEELTHERHYTHM, ridden by Shane Kelly and trained by Des Donovan. They interviewed the trainer, the Veterinary Surgeon and the Veterinary Officer, and the rider by telephone. Kelly reported that on arrival at the start, he was unhappy with the mare and asked the Veterinary Surgeon to examine her. The Veterinary Surgeon confirmed that after concerns expressed by Kelly that he thought the mare was unsound, and having trotted her up at the start, found the mare to be slightly lame and advised for her to be withdrawn. The Veterinary Officer reported that when initially leaving the racecourse, she observed that the mare was lame, however, on subsequent examination back at the stable yard, and having trotted her up without saddle or rider, FEELTHERHYTHM appeared to be sound. The Stewards noted their explanations.
    and that is why racing in this country is fucked. Thats a front page in any other sport. Not for the RP though.

Thanks

Barney Curley

Certainly doesn't do the sport any favours. In financial services this would come under 'market abuse' and be severely punished. Maybe it's time betting markets were regulated in the same way as stock markets.
    Last edited by BennyB; 10th February 2016 at 10:18 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyB View Post
    Certainly doesn't do the sport any favours. In financial services this would come under 'market abuse' and be severely punished. Maybe it's time betting markets were regulated in the same way as stock markets.

It is is possible but you would be talking about a Hong Kong model-maybe two or three meetings a week.I think any of us who punt on the all weather know there is a certain risk that comes with it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LUKE View Post
    It is is possible but you would be talking about a Hong Kong model-maybe two or three meetings a week.I think any of us who punt on the all weather know there is a certain risk that comes with it.
    Basically we know it's not straight, and part of the challenge is to spot the patterns of who's trying and when.

I think we all accept that, but taking a step back it's still not massively satisfactory is it?

I'm not sure what the answer is, but stuff like today does racing nothing but harm. Every time I tell someone my main hobby is racing/betting on racing the first thing they ask me is "but surely it's all fixed?" or "how much of it is straight?", or similar. Racing must be the only sport that elicits that response.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyB View Post
    Basically we know it's not straight, and part of the challenge is to spot the patterns of who's trying and when.

I think we all accept that, but taking a step back it's still not massively satisfactory is it?

I'm not sure what the answer is, but stuff like today does racing nothing but harm. Every time I tell someone my main hobby is racing/betting on racing the first thing they ask me is "but surely it's all fixed?" or "how much of it is straight?", or similar. Racing must be the only sport that elicits that response.
    For me its not actually about it being fixed. Its our press who are paid to do a job who refuse to investigate this stuff properly. Yesterday was a scam to create a cash out situation for a small number of punters. The gamble was a smoke screen. The horse was pulled out after they had cashed out, was subsequently found NOT to be lame when checked again in stables. The whole thing should be all over the front page of the RP and they should do their job. The Editor is just a football punter living of the gravy coming his way from bookies. I'd chop his tiny little balls off tbh.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Yesterday was a scam to create a cash out situation for a small number of punters. The gamble was a smoke screen.
    I'm truly ignorant regarding the matter of cash-outs, but I had thought that cash-out was cancelled if the selection that was cashed-out becomes a non-runner.
    It's a withdrawn horse so the original bet becomes voided with stakes returned, no?
    Bitcoin: 1GyyygZmobehztUmHLdLWVKLqnfyJC5wzi

Litecoin: LL12qc8Fid3kt4QzkvFQ6SadSuxxZEi5Nh

Thanks
    Surely it's the BHA's job to investigate. The RP cover it but no mention of any investigation.

What really f**ks me off is the glorification that goes with it like these guys are some skilled, crafty & lovable 1940s-esque rogues fighting the war against the bookies. Which couldn't be further from the truth.
    Last edited by wilsonl; 11th February 2016 at 11:21 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wilsonl For This Useful Post:

clivex (11th February 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,563 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Is there any evidence that the horses in question were actually laid for large sums?
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    cash outs were available and taken at B365.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Digger For This Useful Post:

icebreaker (11th February 2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonl View Post
    Surely it's the BHA's job to investigate. The RP cover it but no mention of any investigation.

What really f**ks me off is the glorification that goes with it like these guys are some skilled, crafty & lovable 1940s-esque rogues fighting the war against the bookies. Which couldn't be further from the truth.
    They didn't even cover the fact that the horse wasn't even feckin lame when checked again!!! Its the old thistle under the saddle trick.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    cash outs were available and taken at B365.
    Aye, but for how much?........if it's for buttons, it hardly represents a coup.

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    You'd need a lot of £3.65 accounts to make this worthwhile.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    B365 were unavailable for comment. This time pal there are Spies under Every Bed!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Digger For This Useful Post:

Grasshopper (11th February 2016)

Thanks
    I don't buy all this re cash outs. If the first 3 horses had won, or the first two even, then I could understand it. But with all 4 to run (albeit at prohibitive prices compared with when the bets were originally struck) I can't imagine the cash outs would have returned much more (if anything) than the original stake.

I have had a multiple on a number of occasions where more than one horse within the bet is trading at a much shorter price than that taken. The cash out offer usually ranges between 90% and 110% of the original stake.

If the first horse wins, the cash outs start to become interesting, depending on the price taken of the horse in question.

I am happy to be corrected though.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB88 View Post
    I don't buy all this re cash outs. If the first 3 horses had won, or the first two even, then I could understand it. But with all 4 to run (albeit at prohibitive prices compared with when the bets were originally struck) I can't imagine the cash outs would have returned much more (if anything) than the original stake.

I have had a multiple on a number of occasions where more than one horse within the bet is trading at a much shorter price than that taken. The cash out offer usually ranges between 90% and 110% of the original stake.

If the first horse wins, the cash outs start to become interesting, depending on the price taken of the horse in question.

I am happy to be corrected though.

If all horse are say 14/1 + in a four timer.... then due to the hype of people claiming a "coup" they are repriced at 4s and less they were doubling return. There was a bunch of screen pics on twitter in the morning. There was nothing to stop the RP etc producing those and at least opening up the discussion that it was all a ploy (i think they were all turned over)...add to that that the horse that was removed on Vets advice was then found to have no lameness on return to stables then that surely deserves a full investigation. There won't be one though and thats my main point. No one in positions to influence gives a toss and would rather report its a potential coup that failed. Its all bollix and the RPs racing intelligence is up there with Womans Weekly.

Thanks
    If all horse are say 14/1 + in a four timer.... then due to the hype of people claiming a "coup" they are repriced at 4s and less they were doubling return. There was a bunch of screen pics on twitter in the morning. There was nothing to stop the RP etc producing those and at least opening up the discussion that it was all a ploy (i think they were all turned over)...add to that that the horse that was removed on Vets advice was then found to have no lameness on return to stables then that surely deserves a full investigation. There won't be one though and thats my main point. No one in positions to influence gives a toss and would rather report its a potential coup that failed. Its all bollix and the RPs racing intelligence is up there with Womans Weekly.
    Yeah I agree with you there Digger. It should be investigated and it's undoubtedly very suspicious given the circumstances. I'm just a bit skeptical about the cash out theory.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I ask again.....what is there for the Post to investigate? Unless you have evidence that someone has actually had it off via Cash Out, there isn't a story.

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Logically you cannot make money in a cash out situation if your horse is a non runner.