Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast

Thread: New Members- Welcome To Talking Horses

Thanks
    Thanks for the welcome everybody.
    My wrist is on the mend and I should be back riding out in the next week or so, then hopefully I'll come back to England and try get some amateur rides.At least this way I've already planned my Aintree and Cheltenham trips before I get a job!!
    I found this forum from the awards in the Racing Post,liked the idea of being able to talk bout racing with lots of different people instead of just the people in my group of friends.I've told lots of other people and they're all fans of it now.

solerina
    Welcome Euronymous , Spoons and Griffin , hope you enjoy the banter and stick around . Great to have another Irish perspective too Spoons. We'll poach you when we have our version of the four nations

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Aidan@Jan 12 2005, 11:34 AM
    Welcome all.....great to have you on board Spoons....we are short a few opinionated Irish members on here!!
    JEEZUS........ I must be the only TAFFY that speaks with an Irish accent? they are brain washing us on here.........

Welcome to you all!!! regardless of your denomination or sex!!!!(no not readily available on here, as yet?) you are amongst a diverse set of racing people here... Trainers, owners, jockeys, riders, form readers analysis people, bookmakers oh and TIPSTERS I nearly forgot...... and fanatical fans and some that's been at it for over 40yrs too so look no further, and cooks wine samplers and Gearoid and knowledgeable people that cover most things.......
    [B]I once had a photographic memory which was never developed!! that's why I get such negative responses?[/B]
    [B]I used to play the sex organ but now I'm restricted to a YAMAHA...:confused:[/B]

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Spoons - are you JP Magnier (3)? Just wondered if you were born with something silver in your mouth!
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Griffin
    Originally posted by Dave G@Jan 12 2005, 11:34 AM
    Welcome to the newbies. Can I just ask how you all found us?
    I found you all after reading about your award in the Racing Post. We're not a very busy shop so I get to read it cover to cover

Thanks
    Sorry to disappoint you,I'm not JP Magnier,my claim is slightly higher than his at the moment!
    I know him well and he's a really nice guy but you just can't help getting a teensy weensy bit jealous at times!!

Derek.Burgess
    Eronymous,Griff and Spoons.
    Welcome to the boards,get fell in, and start posting.

Joe
    Hi, Im Joe.

Banned
    Thanks
    Hi and welcome, Joe.

Thanks
    A warm welcome from me to our valued newbies: enjoy the forum!
    Power is good. Control is better. (Lenin)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Hey Joe!
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Hello everyone, I'm the black poodle. I am a lifelong racing fan. Recently found your interesting forum after seeing it mentioned in the racing post. I run a small racing syndicate.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    Yes welcome theblackpoodle... enjoy the site its diverse!! very topical with people just like yourself mate................
    [B]I once had a photographic memory which was never developed!! that's why I get such negative responses?[/B]
    [B]I used to play the sex organ but now I'm restricted to a YAMAHA...:confused:[/B]

Kathy
    There are no other Blackpoodles on here is there Merlin? :P

Welcome to the site Theblackpoodle! B)

Thanks
    Hi - I am new and I am from Germany! My boyfriend is from Bury / Lanc. and we follow english and irsh racing very closely.
    Crazy Horse is one of my favs, but I have many - all time Great must be See More Business, but we are into Flat Racing, too, and I was a massive Persian Punch Fan. ( Stiff am - so sad he is gone ! )

My first visit to a racetrack was back in 1978 - German Derby, and I was allowed to have a small bet and picked the Derby winner because I liked his name so much. That was that

We travel to England every year to go racing and are regulars at Yorks Ebor Meeting and the Guineas.

Hello to all!
    I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts. (John Steinbeck)

www.spontano.net

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    Hello to you too, crazyhorse

Thanks
    Originally posted by Dave G@Jan 12 2005, 11:34 AM
    Welcome to the newbies. Can I just ask how you all found us?
    I`m a member of the OH Racing forum and i noticed through a thread on there that Talking Horses had been voted fansite of the year so i thought i`d check it out.

Thanks
    :shy: :shy:
    Hi, I'm from Ireland and living over in England.
    Really interesting forum ye have going here!

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Thanks
    welcome mates and matees, glad to make your aquaintances!! hope you enjoy the show!!! wuff wuff..........that (wuff wuff) was for Kathy and Barney her new mutt... not to you Theblackpoodle

Sorry and Posh Spice you posted your first post as I welcomed the others welcome

p.s. I think you Irish are taking over!!! I am the only Taff who speaks with an Irish accent nah joking welcome whatever denomination colour or breed/creed you are............. :P

Thanks
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 618 Posts
    Welcome to all the new members - delighted to see that the bit in the RP has brought in fresh blood!

Crazy Horse - Where in Germany are you based? My b/f used to work for Heinz Jentsch & Erica Mader back in the 80s originally he went over as an apprentice but got on the beer all day and got too fat to ride! I make him work very hard these days and only give him £5 a week pocket money so he can't afford to drink any more - but he is very slim now!
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito