View RSS Feed

yorick

The Roar

Rate this Entry
It’s here.

All in all, I’ve a very quiet and uninvolved season. At one point I decided to rein back on the betting and see if I could rekindle my enthusiasm at all. Well, I have and it’s been the relaxing that has done it for me. So now the festival is here it’s all good.

What hope do we have? On the face of it there might well be four ‘good things’ go in tomorrow but you know the festival….Annie Power. Still, I suppose you can only say it as you see it and I shall plump for the four because I’m guessing they have the best chance. Who knows? That’s where the shekels will go and then? Your guess is as good as mine, I suppose.

Considering the handicap chases is the sort of thing that could easily bring on a migraine. The four miler is stock full of ‘don’t knows’ isn’t it? There aren’t many horses who truly stay that distance, in my view and so breeding has played a big part in my guesswork. Those who seem most stoutly bred, I think, are Clondaw Cian, Duel At Dawn, and Reigning Supreme.

Pylonthepressure is interesting, in that he takes a massive hike in distance. I seem to remember Mullins saving the Hennessey winner until the target race. With Darsi the stallion, there's always the possibility that he’ll love the trip.

I have an inkling for Impiulsive Star, by Ces winner Busy Flight out of a Supreme Leader mare. Again, the distance might be the making of him.

Then we come to my ew guess for the race. It’s Sizing [B]Tennessee[/B]. I loved the way he travelled before tipping (two out) up against Black Corton when they met in over the 3m on this course in October. ST seemed to be swinging at the time, looking a live danger. He’s grown up in his jumping since and maybe the slower pace and this distance will prove ideal.

The concluding novice h/cap chase is another veritable, inevitable poser. After scratching my dull head for a very long time, I’ve come down on the side of Any Second Now. He’s been up against and acquitted himself well against Footpad (twice) and Monalee this season. I would be thinking that the profile is up to the task here. Being Cheltenham, he’s both fav and an ew price.

Had the going been less testing, I would most surely have backed Gold Present in the earlier Ultima Handicap. He has shown just excellent form this term and he looks like he may still be ahead of the handicapper. Unfortunately, heavy going just doesn’t to be his forte and so I pass him over. Liverpool and better ground, though…

I still think Singlefarmpayment has a race like this in him. I thought he ran well in the Hennessey before taking an uncharacteristic fall four out. I’ve always had a lot of time for this one and he’s performed well over the course before. I was wondering whether Beware The Bear might be a Scottish National horse, you know. I think he’s an out-and-out stayer.

1.30 Getabird 1.30 win - Summerville Boy ew

2.10 Footpad win

3.30 Buveur D’Air win

4.10 Apple’s Jade win Benie Des Dieux f/cast

2.50 Singlefarmpayment ew

4.50 Sizing Tennessee ew Impulsive Star ew Pylonthepressure ew

5.30 Any Second Now ew

Can’t wait for the roar. Good luck everyone.

Cheers

Yorick

Quick Reply

WITH THE FESTIVAL FAST ON OUR HEELS PLEASE JOIN UP <

Click here to remove banner ads from this forum.
This Forum Is Hosted For FREE By ProBoards
Get Your Own Free Forum!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Notice | FTC Disclosure | Report Abuse | Report Ad | Advertise Here
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments